Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 08:25 PM

Default So party just made a hugely profitable move

.. by cutting off all the skins. 10k people on the skins, all getting rake back are about to get bored of playing against tough players move to party in which they can now 10 table, and lose their avg $1k/month-player.

Time to grab?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: So party just made a hugely profitable move

I was about to start a thread on the over/under before party is taken to court. Also, what's the line on whether first to trial (or settlement) is: stockholders for misrepresenting the companies worth at release or skins for breach of contract. (Not that either of these claims would be justfied, I have no idea of the particulars, but I would not be surprised to see either.)

Even if it is a great move, the price could easily dip due to its sudden and drastic nature, or it could jump for the same reason. Long term, it is hard to say how all this will play out. Big changes after making (two?) negative earnings anouncements certainly suggest some volatility in the price, but which way in the short term and long term, who knows.

The whole thing should be fun to watch.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was about to start a thread on the over/under before party is taken to court. Also, what's the line on whether first to trial (or settlement) is: stockholders for misrepresenting the companies worth at release or skins for breach of contract. (Not that either of these claims would be justfied, I have no idea of the particulars, but I would not be surprised to see either.)

Even if it is a great move, the price could easily dip due to its sudden and drastic nature, or it could jump for the same reason. Long term, it is hard to say how all this will play out. Big changes after making (two?) negative earnings anouncements certainly suggest some volatility in the price, but which way in the short term and long term, who knows.

The whole thing should be fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mentioned this in another thread. the chick who ran the sex phone lines was hassled by government and beat the charges or had the charges dropped.

i wouldnt be surprised if this thing gets ugly.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:39 PM

Can you guys post the link on this story?? Thanks, right now.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:46 PM

I agree, this is a positive development for Party and its shareholders!

For those who care... skins account for only 3% of Party Poker revenue.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:47 PM

Dan, I posted the press release in another thread
Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 PM

Snipe,

You mean this one here? :

Party Poker Press release 10/8

If not where is it? I see the cross-selling that makes sense but no mention of ditching the skins in this text.

Is this the post?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Yes thats it...

[ QUOTE ]
If not where is it? I see the cross-selling that makes sense but no mention of ditching the skins in this text.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't "ditch" the skins... they moved all Party Poker players to the new system... and left all the skins players on the old system [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Meaning if you play on Empire you will no longer be playing against Party players!
Old 10-09-2005, 12:36 AM

No they did not! What party just did was an equivalent of Saudi Arabia quitting OPEC because they don't like their quota. They're delusional if they think their business is protected. A bunch of sites have enough to volume to get into a full-blown marketing war with Party. They have no way of sustaining their margins on player one way or the other. All they're doing is speeding up the marketing war while what they should've done was to use the volume of the party network to squash the other competitors.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:54 AM

Weasel you are wrong... they needed to make this move to protect their business. Party currently has 40-50% market share. Only 3% of their revenue comes from skins.

Yesterday Empire could say come play with us instead of party and you can play against the same large number of players and get rakeback too.

Today, Empire is no better than the cryptos, prima or absolute with < 10K players online at a time.