Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-07-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: T-Mobile is Evil. What\'s the best move here?

i use t-mobile. never a problem baby! service EVERYWHERE. never drop calls, don't pay too much. never go over my minutes.. i don't get it!

then after some thinking you figure it out. there's always someone somewhere who has a problem with EVERY phone carrier. i have heard everything under the sun: tmobile sucks, verizon sucks, whatever you do don't get cingular! i've heard it all.

same with cars, ford sucks, don't buy jeep, etc. it's all BS. someone buys a sony camera and it breaks, then they are like, DON'T EVER BUY SONY.

blah
Old 10-07-2005, 03:09 PM

that's a good point, i'm a little biased. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 03:19 PM

Conciliation court. In most states corporations have to hire an attorney to appear but individuals cannot. Usually it costs more to pay the attorney than to fight about the bill. It costs in most cases less than $50 to file in concilliation court. Have your sister file a suit; serve it on T-Mobile with a letter that states if they forgive the bill and cancel her subscription she will dismiss the suit.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. YOU ARE NOT MY CLIENT AND I AM NOT YOUR ATTORNEY.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check out the contract she signed.

It's all laid out there. I would imagine there is no way you are winning this.

You might get the bill dropped down some, but if the plan doesn't state the friends and family thing, then she's screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact the Better Business Bureau and tell them you feel like you got bait-and-switched (offered one thing, sold something else).
Old 10-07-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. YOU ARE NOT MY CLIENT AND I AM NOT YOUR ATTORNEY.

[/ QUOTE ]

disclaimer or not, this is clearly legal advice...

Daryn makes a point which cannot be stressed enough. It's human nature to complain more then praise, everything has had someone that has had a bad experience.

I think for the OP, the best bet is to call and stay on the phone and keep asking for higher ups, not throwing a fit, but desribing hte situation in detail with them. I work at a utility, we quickly dismiss customer complains of the irrate nature, but I already refunded someone money on their bill today because they simply asked.

Flys, honey, etc.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then after some thinking you figure it out. there's always someone somewhere who has a problem with EVERY phone carrier.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, but T-Mobile has a lot more problems than someone like, say, Verizon.

http://www.mobilevillage.com/news/20...complaints.htm

AT&T performed the worst, but it seems as though most of it's complaints were due to phone number portability. Guessing most of the T-Mobile complaints were of the "Goddamn they are assholes" variety.

Can anyone find a site equivalent to T-mobile-sucks.ws for other carriers?
Old 10-07-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get Verizon. Oddly enough I am jumping ship to t-mobile in December. You can't beat 3000 anytime minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say you weren't warned.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re the contract . . .

There's probably a contract somewhere, but I doubt it mentions the specific plan she's on. ? I'll check.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:01 PM

1) get the contract. she signed it, and i guarantee you that it tells you everything thats included in her plan. if it doesnt include unlimited tmobile to tmobile minutes, then she should have read better.

2) not paying it, not paying the cancellation fee... stupidest thing i've ever heard. why is it that people view cell phone companies so differently from anyone else that provides them service? its retarded. you used a service. you agreed to pay overage charges if you went over the service offered to you. YOU [censored] USED IT, NOW YOU [censored] PAY.

anyway. thats just me venting about all the idiots who come into the store and yell at my reps day after day because they think the world [censored] owes them something.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) get the contract. she signed it, and i guarantee you that it tells you everything thats included in her plan. if it doesnt include unlimited tmobile to tmobile minutes, then she should have read better.

2) not paying it, not paying the cancellation fee... stupidest thing i've ever heard. why is it that people view cell phone companies so differently from anyone else that provides them service? its retarded. you used a service. you agreed to pay overage charges if you went over the service offered to you. YOU [censored] USED IT, NOW YOU [censored] PAY.

anyway. thats just me venting about all the idiots who come into the store and yell at my reps day after day because they think the world [censored] owes them something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't imagine why people would yell at your reps, you're obviously not a complete douchebag. Obviously.

If the T-mobile rep told her that he was putting her on a plan that allowed her free calls with another T-Mobile user, and [censored] up, they need to own up and erase the charges. This was the ENTIRE POINT of getting her friend to switch over to T-Mobile. It's not as though this was an afterthought, "Oh, gee, I kinda thought we could talk for free". This was the motherfucking plan from day 1.