Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM

Default 2K NL - Hand Reading/Line Check

1st time playing the 2K on party (won the sat 200k on party, so my bankroll has recently been inflated).

hero has about 1800, villian has 1600. only hand i've played w/ villian we got all-in on a J-high monotone flop. he had TP+nut flush draw, i had K-high flush.

playing 5 handed. co opens for 65, villian on button calls, hero calls from the SB, BB folds.

flop (215): 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

co bets 125, villian calls, i call.

turn (590): 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check to villian, bets 250, i call, co folds.

HU on river (1090): 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

hero pushes, villian calls.

what ranges do you put hero/villian on? if you were villian, what do you need to call hero's push on the river? is this a good line for any hands hero could have?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: 2K NL - Hand Reading/Line Check

I'll take a stab...

[ QUOTE ]
what ranges do you put hero/villian on?

[/ QUOTE ]
You have 88, 44 or QQ. Villain 44, 78s, 89s, maybe QQ.

[ QUOTE ]
if you were villian, what do you need to call hero's push on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
QQ, and depending on my read on you 44.

[ QUOTE ]
is this a good line for any hands hero could have?

[/ QUOTE ]
Quads i think.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:32 AM

Well I agree you could have a full house, the more likly hands for yuo here are the bare 8 (87, 89, 86) or a missed flush draw of some sort or 44. I think you most likly have one of the 8 combos. Villan calls, so he might have QQ, but Id put him on AA KK. He might have the AQ hearts, but then he should check the turn, and fold river becuase he knows you wernt drawing to the nut flush.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:34 AM

just to clarify, villian is the button, not co. so villian called the raise preflop. while you can't entirely dismiss the possibility, i think qq-aa is fairly unlikely.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:41 AM

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out to me, I read the OP too fast. In that case I put villan on the ragged 8 more often than not, maybe 99-JJ. But his weak turn bet confuses me becuase you could easily be drawing to the flush. I now put you on 44 and villan on a poorly played 8.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:42 AM

I see villain with a monster here most of the time. I expect 88 or 44 here very often with an occasional missed flush or 78s, 89s, A8s. I think to call the push I need any boat but I don't feel comfortable without QQ/Q8 and even those are beatable, but rarely. I think this looks like a QQ hand losing to quads, but I partially am guessing that because the hand was significant enough to be posted in the first place.

Congrats dmk, that's a hell of a take for the 200k, hope the move up suits you well.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:23 PM

just out of curiousity, if i only posted "hero pushes..." and left out the villian calls part, would you change your read on the hands?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just out of curiousity, if i only posted "hero pushes..." and left out the villian calls part, would you change your read on the hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

it'd obv. change reads on the villain's range.

congrats on the big score.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:52 PM

i meant for my range

thanks
Old 09-28-2005, 10:34 PM

This is not a great line for hero unless hero's got the boat on the flop, since there's a bettor and a caller, we need to assume someone's on hearts.

I'll give hero 44/88 and villain 8x or two hearts with the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].