Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Week 2 NFL Review

[ QUOTE ]
Packers are really, really bad

The defense gets no pressure. Trent Dilfer sat back all day and tore them up! Not sure about rush defense. It looked adequete, but the Browns rushing is mediocre thus far. Packers secondary still cannot tackle and still take poor angles.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception of the Packers 1st drive, they played totally unispired football. They didnt come back to life until the final moments of the ballgame, but by that time it was to late. I made the mistake of betting the Packers because of their "Lambeau mystique" and a bad Browns team. After seeing how Detroit and Cincinatti played this week, week 1 makes a little more sense.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 AM

Great thread. I hope you keep it up.

My thoughts on Monday's games.

The Giants looked good. Manning is a star in the making. He's got a lot of weapons. Burress, Tiki, Shockey, and that new running back that spells Barber is an asset. 69 points in two games.

The Cowboys blew it big time. Had the game in hand. Bledsoe is terrible. They'll win their share of games with their defense but I can't see them beating the Eagles or the Giants.

The Redskins are in for a long year. They won tonight but they didn't impress me.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:05 AM

Giants D looks real good, especially against the pass, but, especially against the run.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:05 AM

Giants

-- Eli isn't mistake-prone: he's been taking care of the football very well, not making stupid throws; of his two INTs last week, one was knocked up at the line, and the other bounced off his receiver's hands. However, he's been very inaccurate. He misses the strike zone all the time.

-- Tiki has lost half a step. He's still an excellent back, but he's not quite as explosive as last year.

-- The Giants' run defense is better than anyone expected -- Pierce was a nice pickup, and William Joseph is finally coming on.

Their pass defense has looked bad, though. They let Larry Fitzgerald catch 13 passes last week, and this week the whole Saints WR corps (especially Joe Horn) ran all over them. What the hell kind of zone were they playing last night? Every time Aaron Brooks dropped back to pass, there was someone wide open 15-20 yards downfield, just sitting in a soft spot.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:15 AM

Yea, the Ravens are just horrible, they can't seem to do anything. Also, it really seems like any competant team can beat Washington, they are really, really bad too. What is with the horrible playcalling, and Brunell seems to love taking huge sacks every time he gets a chance. Cardinals are really bad.

Saints look dangerous, if they protected the ball better I think they win that game. Although, NYG also looked pretty strong.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Redskins are in for a long year. They won tonight but they didn't impress me.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 upset wins for the 'Skins... with a tough D and a veteran running the O they may be a very good team ATS this year. I'll be keeping a close eye on them every week. Lots of unders and they should keep it close every week.

FishNChips
Old 09-20-2005, 06:10 PM

Beating the Bears counts as an upset???
Old 09-20-2005, 06:23 PM

Anyone see the end of Arizona/St. Louis? Arizona had first and goal at the 5 down 17-12, with no timeouts and about 30 secs left. Warner was then sacked on the next play, although not for a huge loss. He then elected not to spike the ball, but to hurry up and call another play. Looked to me like they could have spiked it and had at least 16 secs left, and two shots at the end zone. But calling the play took so long that they didn't snap it until less than 10 secs, and someone false started. By rule the penalty caused 10 seconds to be run off and the game was over. So they got off one play in the last 30 secs. The thing was, because of how long it took them to snap it anyway, it's very likely they weren't going to get off more than 2 more plays anyway. But if he had spiked it, they get the same two plays but aren't in a spastic rush.

Couldn't help but notice on Monday night a play where the Cowboys spiked it to stop the clock - it had to be the quickest I've ever seen a team line up and do it.

Week 1 flashback - SD vs Dallas, I thought that after getting the prayer to give them first and goal at the 7, it was a crucial mistake not running on 1st down. If they get inside the 5, they'd have had 3 shots to score, but Dallas would have to respect the run. Hindsight is 20/20, but I was thinking this as soon as they ran the first play. It wasn't like they had been throwing all over them. And Anthony Henry was looking like Deion Sanders in this game, and that's who they went after on 1st down, IIRC.

Skins/Dallas - seems like the Skins whiffed on a lot of blocks during this game, but I give guys like Dat Nguyen and Roy Williams credit for being tough to block. I just wonder if the real problem with the Skins is there o-line just isn't that good. Also it doesn't seem like it's a Redskins game if they don't get 4 false starts. I think Brunell's going to have to be willing to take off running more often if it's there. I thought it was there at other times other than the long run he had on 3rd and 30 or whatever it was.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beating the Bears counts as an upset???

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, I'm an idiot. 'Skins were -6 in that game. I shall now stfu.

FishNChips
Old 09-20-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can add to any of this is that Seattle looked like they wanted to lose and couldn't quite manage it.

I don't recall seeing such a gutless performance for quite some time.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

watch seattle's games from the last 2 years. It's worse.