Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 AM

Default are these types of hands getting me in trouble

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

comments?

Melch
Old 09-08-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: are these types of hands getting me in trouble

Why would you want to invest so much money into such a tiny pot? Why fight for 3 small bets?
Old 09-08-2005, 10:56 AM

You have no hand/no draw. Check/fold the flop. Doing this as standard will cost you tons of money...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 AM

I would imagine you are losing money on these kinds of plays. When you are headsup you can consider making bluffs like this, but betting into two opponents isn't going to work often enough.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 AM

check/fold flop, or am i too weak tight here? i dont like playing w/ absolute garbage (only 1 OC) in a three-way-pot. you made it this time, but often LPPs call you down with any pair. you just risk too much to win little.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:13 AM

The problem with running a flop bluff here (on a ten high flop), is that people with (2) over cards are likely to call, and they are not overly incorrect to do so.

For instance a hand like QJo has 6 outs against your king high, the pot is offering 4.5-1, if you plan on contiuing your bluff (and you do not improve) they will collect another 2SB on the turn from you, which will put them just short of the 7 or so SB they need to make the call. Plus if your opponents are on the loose side, your fold equity goes down further.

I don't mind doing this once in a while in the right situation, however on this board, I think Checking and folding is best with no reads. But if you do bet the flop, you need to stop on the turn after you get called... going three streets on this is a bad deal.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:18 PM

I think you can pick up the pot often enough with a flopbet from the BB on this ragged board for it to be +EV. Just make sure you do it against people who can throw hands away. If you get called/raised you have to give up.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:34 PM

I'm all for taking an occassional stab at pots like these on the flop (against the right opponents). But once I'm called and then the turn blanks, I'm so done with the hand.

Tom
Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for taking an occassional stab at pots like these on the flop (against the right opponents). But once I'm called and then the turn blanks, I'm so done with the hand.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep,against the right opponents
Old 09-08-2005, 01:12 PM

I would like to at least have a gut-shot+overcard or 2 overs to take these stabs. Other than the flop is ragged, this seems like a stab at random...