Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: FF Tip

[ QUOTE ]
i think staley is only supposed to miss the first 3-4 weeks of the regular season....but i could be wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

They're saying now that Jerome and Duce will be available for the first week but probably not play. This might be good old Bill blowing smoke up peoples butts but I don't see why he'd do that as everyone knows Parker is going to start.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Parker went second to last in the second round of drafting. 23rd overall or 107th overall with keepers included.

Was this too high? Do you think the Steelers will ever play someone like Willie without having him split carries with a larger back?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!! You do know who this guy is don't you? Undrafted free agent from NC who got a TOTAL of 118 carries and barely 400 yards in his college career. Someone really drafted a guy who couldn't get on the field for NC football that high? LMAO!!!

Willie will be lucky if he gets more than 15 carries against Tenessee week 1. Haynes & Parker will split time. Simply put, Parker is no Steelers running back.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO!!!! You do know who this guy is don't you? Undrafted free agent from NC who got a TOTAL of 118 carries and barely 400 yards in his college career. Someone really drafted a guy who couldn't get on the field for NC football that high? LMAO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a stunningly bad argument.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 PM

I will add that we get 1 point for every 20 return yards and Willie returned a few kicks in preseason. Also, when you will be keeping 8 player and can start up to 3 rb's, every young running back prospect goes this high.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because as we all know, the success stories in the NFL come from guys who sat the bench and did nothing in college...
Old 08-30-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will add that we get 1 point for every 20 return yards and Willie returned a few kicks in preseason. Also, when you will be keeping 8 player and can start up to 3 rb's, every young running back prospect goes this high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parker definitely won't be returning any kicks in week 1. He also "probably" won't be returning any kicks in the regular season either. Randle El has punt return duty and Ike Taylor/Ricardo Colclough will be the kickoff return men.

To say Parker is a young running back prospect is a joke. I really can't wait for Parker to blow week 1 against Tennessee so I can quit hearing about him.

It's sad my Steelers have to take an L the first game of the year to prove Cowher wrong because this is what Parker is all about. He is Cowher's guy and Cowher guys always get way too many free passes until they finally fail miserably in real games. Alonzo Jackson is another ones of those type guys but for some reason this scrub looks like he's going to dodge cuts again this year. You can't ever tell Cowher he's wrong...
Old 08-30-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because as we all know, the success stories in the NFL come from guys who sat the bench and did nothing in college...

[/ QUOTE ]

priest holmes. ship it
Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Priest Holmes
Thurman Thomas
Terrel Davis...
Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Priest Holmes
Thurman Thomas
Terrel Davis...

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you can name 3 people out of thousands of NFL players.

Guess what? I can name millions of people to back up my point better...
Old 08-30-2005, 04:37 PM

and not only do you name 3 people, you name :

Thurman Thomas - who was a pretty good college RB and could have had even better career numbers if he hadn't split time his junior & senior year with a guy by the name of Barry Sanders, whoever that scrub is

Preist Holmes - Played very little as a freshman and sophomore, as a junior 120 carries 524 yards and 4TDs, senior year had 59 carries for 324 yards with 13 TDs and only played a little after a torn ACL kept him out a year. They also had RIcky Williams as a Sophomore at this time. To say he was bad in college is far from the truth.

TD - Carrier 372 carries for 1919 yards with 16TDs. That average is SICK! Add in the fact that he only had 53 carries his sophomore year because he transfered to Georgia. He backed up some guy by the name of Garrison Hearst in '92... another guy you might have heard of. Hampered by injury all of his senior season. Yet another guy to say that he was bad in college is far from the truth.