Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Awkward 99 Hand (Party Super)

if u raise, and chipleader pushes, what range do you put him on?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:10 PM

Just to clarify on the button, I'm not sure he's come over the top of a raise/re-raise yet. A few hands earlier, however, he got involved w/ the 2nd largest stack. He ended up bluffing w/ something along the lines of 73o for a good amount of his chips, and then showed after his opponent folded. The difference is that he was heads-up and I think he entered the pot first from CO. Regardless, he has shown that he's not afraid to use his stack.

The problem is, I'm not sure exactly what range the button would have in this situation, and I'd have the pot odds to call if he's capable of doing it w/ AK-AJ probably (haven't figured out the math yet). But, I'd absolutely puke if button went all-in, UTG called, and I folded and saw AK vs 88 or something like that.

In the actual hand I ended up folding because I didn't want to raise or call w/out having a plan if re-raised or seeing a flop. Its probably way weak on my part, but I felt like that was better than investing chips w/out having any sort of plan/idea for future streets.

Calling the raise and taking it from there appears to be the best option right now, but I'm still not 100% on it. If this was live, I would probably have done this given that I had more time to think about it.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:12 PM

One other note on the button: he doesn't necessarily have to raise. He's perfectly content w/ calling in position and seeing a flop. If I raise 25% of my stack, this would be absolutely ugly. I'd be stuck out of position w/ a flop I'm probably not going to be happy with the majority of the time.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Pseudo Results

As I mentioned in a previous response, I ended up folding because I had no plan regardless of whether I raised or called. I don't like not knowing what to do next if I'm put in that situation.

There ended up being about 3 callers and the Button wound up winning w/ something along the lines of 54o or something. Turned a straight I think (no hand history in front of me). Like I said, he enjoyed being in pots.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:31 PM

i don't think folding is bad here. that was my first instinct until i saw that it was a minraise. i think mantis's line of call planning on calling a push is pretty good too. you can also get away if it goes raise-call-push-call in front of you.