Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 10:34 PM

Default AK HU UI (Acronym City)

Had only seen villain a couple times in the past, but he seemed like the type who had heard Mike Sexton say "He can only win this pot by betting at it" a few too many times.

I was still pretty sure I had the best hand after the flop, but figured a WA/WB line was best for the rest of the hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 06-13-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: AK HU UI (Acronym City)

I'm pretty sure I would fold this turn. I don't really like the flop raise either.

How LAG is this guy? How many preflop capping hands and flop 3-betting hands is AK going to beat unimproved? Even for LAGgy players, unless this guy is a total maniac, I think the answer is one - AQs.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:41 PM

If he had AQ, you win the prize!

But seriously, what do you get out of raising this flop? It doesn't narrow villain's holdings by any means, and just puts more money into a pot where you are a sizeable dog to his range of holdings.

Unless this dude is just a total maniac and you have this confirmed through and through, this line is no good.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:55 PM

Very LAG, not a maniac who raises every hand, but rather goes absolutely bat-[censored] when someone comes over the top of him. He could have any two, which of course meant he could have hit any card on that board, but it was much more likely he hit absolutely nothing.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM

If this is the case, I just call down the flop through the river. WA/WB all around.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was still pretty sure I had the best hand after the flop, but figured a WA/WB line was best for the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He could have any two, which of course meant he could have hit any card on that board

[/ QUOTE ]

These two ideas seem to contradict each other. WA/WB is certainly not good if he could have any two, and you have two overcards.

Edit: Not to say a calldown is not good in this case, but WA/WB is when you suspect either you or your opponent are drawing to 3 or less outs, which is clearly not the case.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very LAG, not a maniac who raises every hand, but rather goes absolutely bat-[censored] when someone comes over the top of him. He could have any two, which of course meant he could have hit any card on that board, but it was much more likely he hit absolutely nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is really how you feel, then why make this post? its pretty obvious what you feel is the right play, based on your reads and feel, is not the overall accepted route from people here. i guess my question is, what do you expect from us or what from us? this line is insane, unless of course you have your read, which you do, and in which case i dont see why you're asking for our help/opinion.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 PM

Because, despite winning the hand I didn't think it was the right line, so I posted. The "He had any two, but that means he could've connected with the board" didn't really come until later, I was mainly thinking "ahahah, this guy is such a donk, money money money money, possibly"

In the end I didn't feel totally confident about my line, saw two posters who's opinion I respect rip it apart under most circumstances, so it was worthwhile for me.

And I especially didn't like the flop raise, so yeah, it felt like a good hand to post.