Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 05:56 PM

Default AA hand -should I have slowed down?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

This is were i was kind of confused about what to do. I wasnt sure if utg+2 was going for a check-raise or not but when mp1 bets i had no idea if he had slowplayed a set or not.

River: (15.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

I have to bet this river every time if they check it to me right? The way these two played this hand against me I wasnt to sure how good I was.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
Old 04-23-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: AA hand -should I have slowed down?

I like it. You cap the flop and you are bet into on the turn, expect a bluff or a set here and call down from here. If you raise you will be 3-bet by a set or two pair and a bluff will fold. Let him bluff the river too. Easy bet on the river, you have the best hand if you are not up against those "extra tricky" opponents who go out of their way to play in mysterious ways.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:08 PM

Turn is fine. THere is no good reason to raise here. Your hand doesn't really need protection here, and you want to get to a showdown. I don't think most players would bet into a flop capper on such a ragged board. River is good. Nice Hand.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:12 PM

you have to have reads on this to bet that river. i'd have raised the turn.

i'm calling 'cause i think you're losing to 2 pair that check for fear of a straight.

UTG+2: pair of tens with possible A kicker.
MP2: i hope he's not this loose but 67s, T7s
Old 04-23-2005, 06:21 PM

if you would have raised the turn whats wrong with raising the river when checked to. I was just going to call a bet but when they both checked I didnt want to miss a bet.

And i was pretty new to the table but the table in general was loose, nothing really crazy just alot of mutli way pots.

I'll post the results a little later
Old 04-23-2005, 06:24 PM

What hands do you put villian on that makes you want to raise the turn? I think it's probably some ragged 2 pair, and you have outs to counterfeit some two pair hands.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to bet this river every time if they check it to me right? The way these two played this hand against me I wasnt to sure how good I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if I thought I cold fold a two pair, and I don't. I don't bet this; what would be pretty difficult wuold be deciding whether or not to call.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:41 PM

-Only if I thought I cold fold a two pair, and I don't. I don't bet this-

wouldnt most people with 2p bet this river? i didnt re-raise the turn so i dont think there will be a check-raise if i bet.

-what would be pretty difficult wuold be deciding whether or not to call. -

i dont see how you could fold for one bet on the river. and if i was going to call a bet i might as well bet it myself.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands do you put villian on that makes you want to raise the turn? I think it's probably some ragged 2 pair, and you have outs to counterfeit some two pair hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my original post i had put MP on ragged 2 pair, but that was only because i knew he checked the river. if i didn't know that, i could guess a straight draw. so i'm raising.

also in my other post, i had said w/o reads this is a difficult board to play because will MP bet on a draw? what's he play preflop from MP? is he really loose and play any offsuit connectors or suited connectors or what?

plus, and this might be wrong, i could careless if UTG stays in this hand or not. it's just my thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldnt most people with 2p bet this river? i didnt re-raise the turn so i dont think there will be a check-raise if i bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you are ahead on the river, why didn't you think you were ahead on the turn and raise there?