Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: allin or fold with QQ preflop party 1k NLHE?

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like better opportunities will arise

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a tournament. if you have your doubts stick it in there, thats how i feel.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no real reads on button except he seems a little on the lose side

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this is not a tournament. if you have your doubts stick it in there, thats how i feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the chances of him having AA/KK are about 8% I believe when you have QQ, and since your read is that he is on the loose side, the deciding factor is whether you think he would make a min raise holding AA/KK and hoping to get played back at, or whether he is playing the top 15 tourney strategy of allin with AK/AQ/any pair in a cash game. If he is a loose player then I doubt he is capable of making the cute min raise hoping to get played back at and more likely has AK or JJ/TT and I would most likely just push. I especially would tend to do so since so many players holding AA/KK would not have raised your raise 10x but only 3 or 4x, and it seems that he would be afraid of your having AK. Granted that at the new limits this is an expensive way to see how the new players these limits have attracted actually play, but it seems more likely with your read on him that you have him dominated rather than the other way around.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 PM

although this is not a tournament, player will definitely get an opportunity to have a huge edge against the opponent. i still think this is a fold situation, if the opponent is willing to make retarded bets like throwing out 600, whether or not he has aces this is definitely a stupid maneuver and the guy will end up bluffing at the wrong pot you're going to take.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:18 PM

I think there will be better spots for your money unless he is on tilt, otherwise you are likely a big dog or are racing for your stack not the place i want to be with qq