Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 09:05 PM

Default allin or fold with QQ preflop party 1k NLHE?

Ive just sat down and played an orbit or so. i have started off playing quite aggresive and i havent gotten to a showdown yet most pots have been stolen preflop or on the flop. In one battle of the blinds i got TT in SB i raised it to 40 and he raised it to 600 and i folded.. Another hand i overbet the pot on the turn when the board was 345d6s all folded and i showed JTo. So i get QQ in SB and everyody folds to the button who makes a minraise and i raise it to 60-70 something. now he reraise it to 600? Whats your action? i got 1k in my stack and hes got me covered so its allin or fold time. no real reads on button except he seems a little on the lose side
Old 03-05-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: allin or fold with QQ preflop party 1k NLHE?

if you havent seen this kind of behavior from this guy before you have an eeeeasy fold. if hes been getting turbooutofline with some big preflop "moves", i can see allin being ok.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:47 PM

you've got position on him...you COULD choose to tango with QQ in this spot, but i feel like better opportunities will arise for you to double through his overaggression.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:12 PM

He doesn't have position.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 PM

what the hell doea position have to do with anything???
Old 03-05-2005, 11:53 PM

Just referring to techno's post.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Amazingly there still are donkeys at the 1k NL, but i cant imagine getting it in withs queens here is the correct move.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:21 AM

how can position be relevant, he was just raised half a stack. whats he supposed to do call, and then fold on a bad flop for 400 more? quit being silly
Old 03-06-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive just sat down and played an orbit or so. i have started off playing quite aggresive and i havent gotten to a showdown yet most pots have been stolen preflop or on the flop. In one battle of the blinds i got TT in SB i raised it to 40 and he raised it to 600 and i folded.. Another hand i overbet the pot on the turn when the board was 345d6s all folded and i showed JTo. So i get QQ in SB and everyody folds to the button who makes a minraise and i raise it to 60-70 something. now he reraise it to 600? Whats your action? i got 1k in my stack and hes got me covered so its allin or fold time. no real reads on button except he seems a little on the lose side

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough place to be in. On the one hand, he seems a little on loose side, he may have just been trying to steal the blinds, and then considered your reraise just an attempt to resteal, so he therefore raised a huge amount on a bluff (or at least with a hand you are way ahead of). On the other hand, he could have made a min-raise if he had something sick, like AA or KK, because he didn't want you both to fold and was hoping for some action. When you reraised, he figured there was his action, and now he is making no effort to disguise his hand. My guess from what I have seen of the Party 1K NL games is that it was the latter, because those games have tended to be very weak-tight. So I would say fold here, unless this is something he does often or you have some particular read on him that makes you think you are ahead with QQ (in which case I would reraise all in).
Old 03-06-2005, 02:41 AM

i meant that since he's sitting to villains' left, he will have position on him for most hands except when he's in the sb, and will be able to react accordingly when villain makes a huge loose raise. sorry for the confusion.