Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 02:17 AM

Default Re: 150k hand checkup

did you lose a bet or was this to prove a point? or was this penance for some poker sin..."that will be 50 hail marys and 150,000 hands of .5/1..."
Old 11-23-2004, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this settles some winrate discussions and he is pretty tight. 5-6 BB/100 may be sustainable if you toss in another 6 VPIP of profitable hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
IDK about that, my VP$IP is 4% higher and I'm not over 4bb/100.. Of course I'm a bigtime LAG in the SB, so I'm positive that detracts from my bb/100.. And I'm sure there's other areas of my game that need help too. But 5-6bb/100 sounds unsustainable to me..
Old 11-23-2004, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought the zoo was the internet forum

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, rec.gambling.poker if I'm not mistaken.. If I am, well I've been misled for a long time..
Old 11-23-2004, 10:51 AM

Unknowningly named by David Ross the Zoo typically referes to the Internet subforum here at 2+2
Old 11-23-2004, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so illunious' play is extremely tight, but look at that win rate. I bet there are few players here with PT and a lot of .5/1 hands, say 60-70K who can boast one significantly higher.

So isn't it possible that supertight is right at .5/1 amidst the unbluffable calling stations? Maybe the style advocated here with all of its semi-bluffing and raising overcards or 99/AJo UTG does fall under "fancy play syndrome" or just aggression for aggressions sake at times

At a level like 2/4 it may be different but I have also found that at .5/1 the more straightforward, simple, and patient I play the better I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on here. These are some serious implications. Are you implying that SSHE could be wrong and it would have been best to just play like a rock all along?
Oh Lord, Could my poker Bible be contaminated with less than optimal money making +EV? Please, someone say it isn't so. I may have to go back to Lee Jones.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:15 AM

I bet that postflop, illunious's play resembles SSHE way more so than WLLHE. and Ed said himself that his preflop charts are just a guideline.

unless you were being sarcastic, and then I'm an ass.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet that postflop, illunious's play resembles SSHE way more so than WLLHE. and Ed said himself that his preflop charts are just a guideline.

unless you were being sarcastic, and then I'm an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a bit more like mock worrisomeness than sarcasm. But
secretly full of concern.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:36 AM

The 95% confidence interval is 3.67 - 5.07 BB/100, assuming the standard deviation is 15 BB / 100.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:21 PM

WOW, nice work.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on here. These are some serious implications. Are you implying that SSHE could be wrong and it would have been best to just play like a rock all along?
Oh Lord, Could my poker Bible be contaminated with less than optimal money making +EV? Please, someone say it isn't so. I may have to go back to Lee Jones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything about SSH or Lee Jones, I was referring to these board which I think tend to advocate a LOT of aggression, possibly even too much. Let's face it, its a lot more fun to tell someone to get in there and raise, raise, raise on every street even if it may not always be prudent against complete calling stations.

Seems like all newbies are advised to raise more, stop being so conservative and 99% of the times its correct, also it helps for when you move up levels to understand how to be selectively aggressive and not weak tight. But isn't it possible that at specifically .5/1, which plays very differently from say 2/4 on PP that just plain old playing like a weak tight rock actually DOES get the most money?

I know no one here would want to accept that but it is certainly possible. That's all I'm saying. Also, the situations in SSH are all specifically set up to illustrate raising situations that are easy to overlook, and they are easy to over apply.

Seems like you can hardly play AK anymore and not raise the flop regardless of # of opponents, the flop, position, where the bet came from, or the playing style of the others. That can't be right and SSH doesn't advise it. But if you post an AK hand here you WILL be told to raise the flop, its a given.