Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 10:36 AM

Default South Lake Tahoe

Ok,
I'm headed there Wed. thru Sun. of Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm staying at Harvey's and I have played poker there (about 10 months ago).

Anyone have any other thoughts of places to play?

Steve
Old 11-17-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: South Lake Tahoe

The last time I was in Tahoe, a couple of years ago, the only play that has a poker room was Harvey's.

Next time you go you should try to stay across the road at Harrahs. My opinion is that it is one of the best hotels in the world.

Jim
Old 11-17-2004, 03:19 PM

I second the notion of NOT staying at Harvey's. My room there was disgusting. The poker room is awfully fishy though, especially at night and on weekends. The sports book kicks ass too. Enjoy!
Old 11-17-2004, 04:19 PM

I dont know what you guys are talking about. Harrahs and Harveys are essentially the same place - operated as one building and the accomodations are pretty similar. Harrah's may be a little nicer, but one of the nicest in the world? i think you may need to get out more
Old 11-17-2004, 04:40 PM

there are 2 poker rooms in s. lake tahoe. DONT PLAY AT THE HORIZON. they usually only have a 2-5 spread limit game with ALL of the dealers just playing each other. head to harveys instead. they have some decent limit games going. if you have a car, make the 45 minute drive to reno to play one day.

rj
Old 11-17-2004, 05:01 PM

thanks everyone.

i have stayed at harvey's before for one night...and it was adequate. It wasn't the Venetian in vegas...but it got the job done.

i do think harvey's and harrah's are owned by the same company...

Thanks for the info on Horizon...i'm sure I'll just spend a few hours a day down in the Harvey's poker room.

when i was there in January...i was with one of my buddies sitting at a table (3/6 i think) and we were really tying one on...shots..beers..more shots...shots..shots

anyway...we were having your standard drunk type conversations...nothing regarding poker..and we were not slowing the game down at all.

we were eventually told by the dealer that we couldn't talk anymore...not even a word if one of us was in a hand. now we were talking non stop...and absolutely nothing fishy was going on (except our drunk play).

Anyway..just thought that was rather strange to be told "you gentlemen will have to stop talking".