Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 10:44 AM

Default Yet another Neteller/Empire question (sorry)

Ok,
I know it is a bad idea to fund 2 different empire accounts with the same neteller account.

My question: is it a problem to withdraw funds directly to someone elses neteller account?

I have an account at Empire that I fund with Neteller.

My wife has an account at Empire that she funded with Epassporte.

If she cashes out to my Neteller account; is that going to be a bad idea?

We had tried to get her her own Neteller account; but Neteller didn't cooperate much, since we have a joint bank account of course.

Any one ever done this or heard if there was a problem when it was done?

Thanks

Steve

ps. of course we never play at the same tables; so if the worst that happened was that we were "flagged" and unable to join each others tables; that is not a problem
Old 11-10-2004, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Yet another Neteller/Empire question (sorry)

sorry for the bump.

one more time through...hoping someone can drop some knowledge on me
Old 11-10-2004, 02:00 PM

Sorry I can't answer your question authoritatively but I'd guess that withdrawing to the same neteller account may be a bad idea. Whether it really is or not is beyond me.

What we did when my wife starting playing online is just create a new checking account (tied to our existing accounts on the bank's end) and tied her neteller account to the new checking. Neteller asked her a lot of questions during their voice confirmation but its all legit so it worked out fine.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:02 PM

hi steve,

i advise 2 things.

1. call up empire and explain how you want the money routed and ask if this can be done. it serves the purpose of notifying them of your situation in case pay-pro calls foul, and also may lead to a solution you want.

2. if #1 fails, i suggest you or your wife open a regular checking account in your own name (not joint) and just use it for poker. the second neteller account will really go far to solve your issues, but that can't happen without a new checking account. if neteller already knows the current account is joint, then call them and tell them you are indpendant players and will be opening separate accounts at the bank and within neteller. then each of you should open a checking account in your own name. this is probably a good idea for poker purposes anyway. i don't like to mix my gaming money with household money because it causes nothing but confusion come tax time.

be good
Old 11-10-2004, 02:30 PM

My girlfriend and i do this for Party. We both funded the account using the same neteller account, and we both withdraw to the same place. The last name on the poker accounts is different and i have never had any complaints from Party. Though maybe I should figure out how they feel about it before I develop a substantial bankroll there. Are the records kept by affiliates (like pokernow, empire) completely independent from Party?

Freakin
Old 11-10-2004, 02:33 PM

Are the records kept by affiliates (like pokernow, empire) completely independent from Party?

all the skins share the same payment processor in pay-pro (which is probably owned by the parent company). however, if you were gonna have trouble i would guess it would have happened already