Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 01:50 PM

Default New Hellmuth book

Has anyone seen Bad Beats and Lucky Draws yet? I stumbled across it at the Gambler's Book Club website:

[ QUOTE ]
Building on his bestseller, Play Like the Pros, he now reveals the secrets of making tough decisions, audacious bluffs, and incredible calls-based on the bold moves of his renowned peers and rivals. Eye-opening, entertaining, and instructive, Bad Beats and Lucky Draws talks about dozens of key hands-including some terribly weird and truly rotten ones-within the context of the illustrious settings where they were played. Hellmuth devotes a full chapter to dissecting hands he witnessed-or played in-at the most prestigious tournament of our time, the World Series of Poker. He also shares highlights from the World Poker Tour and European Poker Tour championships. Packed with blow-by-blow accounts of heart-pounding matches, penetrating analysis of brilliant matches, this book features memorable hands from the pros, `Celebrity Hands', chapters spotlighting `Clash of the Titans', and Hellmuths personal tribute to `Cheesehead Poker'-where he revisits his early playing days prior to his first win in the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a big extended version of his Hand of the Week column to me, with a lot of self-congratulation for great laydowns and whining about bad beats. I'd be interested to find out if there's anything of substance in it.