Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 05:52 PM

Default i played bad

5-10nl ...very loose play from more than 1/2 the table(K9, j5 being regulary played for 30-50$ rasies).....stack sizes vary i cant remember all of them..........Hero has @800.........6 limpers....hero has As7s on button and calls......Flop Kd6s6c.......check around.......turn 10s......HERE IS WHERE I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE....BB bets $30....he has me covered(i thought he was UTG(this comes into play later)).....2 callers ....hero calls...thought it was a close call but correct with implied odds....river 4s......BB(who i still thought was under the gun) bets $200....2 limpers fold....i push

Now after reviewing my play i realize that my river play was much 2 aggresive......i put the villan(bb) on a six with no kicker(BECAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS UTG), and didnt see how he could have filled up.......but other than the obviously bad river play, did i misplay this hand on other streets? or even preflop? any comments, suggestions......thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Re: i played bad

Of course you have odds to draw to the flush on the turn. He is betting less the 1/2 the pot. When you make your flush I wouldn't push on a paired board. Calling is even questionable with the bet the BB made. There is a difference between him being in the blinds and being UTG. He is much more likely to be filled up here in the blinds then UTG because UTG he would have to most likely of limped with KK(hoping for a limp reraise) - or TT, which is generally a raise. Anyhow. Just call the river. You are ahead some of the time here. But hes not calling your push with Kx of spades I wouldn't think. So there is no value in pushing. I think you just got excited you made your hand and may be playing a little out of your normal limits...