Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 09-01-2004, 01:27 PM

Default All in with JJ

Here is the situation I had last night at PP Quarter million qualifier. Down to 70 from 300 players. I am slightly above average with about 5500. Folded to the CO who min raises. I am on button with JJ. Blinds are 200. CO has 4000. My read on the CO was he was a semi decent straight up player. First in from the CO he could be raising with a many different hands most of which I beat. I push with JJ. I figured he would fold. Is this way too aggressive?
Old 09-01-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: All in with JJ

With your stack and his this is way too aggressive IMO. you are only gonna get called by a hand that beats you AA-QQ or possibly AK where you are 50-50

Reraise to T1200-1400. If he comes back over the top, you can probably get away from the hand, if he calls and low cards hit the flop, you may be losing your stack here anyway. If the flop hits A or K, you can decide what to do from there.

Jon
Old 09-01-2004, 03:03 PM

I raise to 1200 here. JJ is better than just picking up 700 in chips, and I want to train him for future hands that raising 20% of my stack is enough to get him to fold.
It also loses less if he reraises to 2000 and you put him on AA-QQ.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:55 PM

I make a decent sized re-raise here, all a push does is only gets you called by hands that crush you and only occasionally something like TT or 99.