Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Who is Caufield?

Caufield is is a very consistent winner in the big Party multi table tourney's and high limit sng's. Last night he won in the PPM semi again.

Is this guy a well known pro from the circuit or is he strictly an internet player? Anyone know? I'm curious.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Who is Caufield?

Dunno, I have seen him place very high regularly also. I think he took 4th or 5th in Stars 250K last Sunday also..
Old 05-07-2004, 06:22 PM

I played against him for a long time last night. The field was really tough from the last 30 players in. I never had a hand against him but I think Aamaz0n butted heads with him a few times. I'd say he played solid, but I didn't notice anything exceptional over the other players.

Cup

fyi, my screen name at Party right now is ReveredFlush. I'm trying to change it back to Inthacup, but Party is saying I'll have to wait until after this round of semis is over.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played against him for a long time last night. The field was really tough from the last 30 players in. I never had a hand against him but I think Aamaz0n butted heads with him a few times. I'd say he played solid, but I didn't notice anything exceptional over the other players.
Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he seemed solid, played stuff like AJ from MP, didn't play a lot of hands. Had something, at least from what I could see when he defended his blinds. Picked on short stacks from LP with some lesser hands, but don't we all.

I did butt heads with him, which is why there is that large dent in my forehead this morning!

My three hands with him - PPM semi; limit HE

I raise MP with JJ he calls in the blind with TT. flop is T 2 3 and I finally realize that I'm in trouble when he check raises the turn. Silly me, I thought that my overpair was g00t.
T 13,500 for him

He raises in MP with QTs, I call with K9 in the BB. flop of 8 7 6 none of his suit and I move in what is left of my short stack and he calls. Blank on the turn, T on the river (I had him high carded anyway) for the straight. T 12,000 back to me.

Last hand in the tourney for me, I'm too short to let the blinds come to me and raise UTG with A2s. He reraises with JJ and I have to call with what little is left. Board is no help and I'm done for the night. T 7000 to the Catcher in the Rye guy.

It was a tough tourney, I was scraping along all night. I'm not much of a limit player.

Shauna
Old 05-07-2004, 10:53 PM

I played in a one table qualifier with him, and another player was chatting with him the entire time. From what I took from their chat, caufield won a WSOP seat in a PS WSOP qualifier, and $41,500 in the PS $250K guaranteed the previous week. He got third in the $250K tourney, but won more money that first or second because of a deal. So it sounds like he has had his fair share of good fortune, and he must be a good player to have placed well in consecutive big tourneys. Oh yeah, I "outlasted" him in the one-table tourney [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].