Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Re: DO I TAKE THE ADD-ON NOW?????

it's just that there is more than that to poker and you can not predict how people are going to react

Strangely enough, in my own little way, that's what I was trying to say too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

At least we agree on the fundamentals.

Lori
Old 01-13-2004, 01:50 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: DO I TAKE THE ADD-ON NOW?????

That's the most important then, as all the roads go to Rome....or in this case, the final table... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Need quick advise about re-buys.

i would auto-rebuy ASAP. if you're a good player you will certainly earn a profit on your rebuy dollars.

the discounted price for the add-on means i would auto-add-on as well. i'd like to see a site that makes the add-on a bad deal compared to the rebuy, because the bad players will add-on anyway.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:15 AM

Great thread. I can see both Lori's and William's points here and they have been both well spoken. I tend to fall in the middle. I don't take the auto rebuy but have no problem rebuying if I lose more than 20% of my original stack. I also tend to add on if my chips are just a little above average or below. I also don't add on if the add on wont take me at least close to average. If I am that short stacked it is -EV for me to throw another buy in toward it. The added EV of being a larger stack after the rebuy period is important to me based on my strengths ( and weaknesses ) as a player. I don't want to be scrambling through the middle limits of a tourney looking to double up with just a premium hand. The extra $ spent is an ivestment in my ability to steal at any opportunity.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:18 AM

I too played in this tourney and was actually at the table with William briefly. I can understand both Lori and Williams points. I dont auto rebuy at the beginning mainly because I want to see how my table plays. If they play super loose/agressive, I will try and get all my $ in with a premium hand preferably multiway in hopes of winning a hugh pot where I then tighten up considerably. If I lose, I rebuy and try this again. If my table seems rather tight, and not many people auto rebuy, I will rebuy and try to use my stack to pressure them out. I guess I put more emphises on table conditions in the 1st hour of a rebuy event. Ive seen some wild and crazy tables and also some tight and weak tables and think you need to adapt accordingly. Sometimes I get switched from table to table several times. Is there a way to know how long you may be at a particular table?

Also, They allow add-ons if your stack is less than 20K I think. Assuming you are a better player than average, do you add-on with a below average stack? What if average is T5000 and you have T 10000, addon? What about T19000? what about T2500?