Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: JJ - flop all-in call

I'm thinking, I've put 9 in, do I really want to risk 50 more when I compare, 1) my J flush draw w inside str8 draw w overpair to, 2) his possible, a) overpair w heart dominating me or, b) higher flush draw?

I don't really work the outs in this case as either I'm way behind or flipping a coin thus I fold. If I'm drawing to a nut then yeah, I run the odds in my head as best I can.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM

I think the point isn't to do the calculations in your head when you are sitting there in the heat of battle. The idea is to do the calculations off line (as we are now) so the next time you are in a similar situation you can make the right decision without doing the calculations.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 PM

agreed - although im sure there are some people who are odds masters and just crunch that [censored] like a computer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 04:42 PM

You really don't need to do exact calculations at the table. If a situation appears close then what you do will have very little effect on your longterm result either way.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:25 PM

Out of curiousity, how'd that raise happen, when you raise a $35 bet to $50? Don't you have to raise to $60 there?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:35 PM

I had a similar situation, though it was less clear cut; I raised him (at the same time pot-committing myself) and he moved in and I had to call a little more. Turns out he had KK with no heart draw. I think overcards with no heart are very rare here, given his flop bet.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:30 AM

Surely this is a fold here? You've only put $9 into the pot, why risk $50 more when the best you can hope for is a coinflip and you could very easily be dominated.

I know that the calculations suggest the EV is pretty much zero, butg in the heat of the battle and no exact calculations, I fold this. And even with calculations, do you want to risk half a buy-in on a zero EV move?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:15 PM

Does no one here think that BB already has a baby flush and is overbetting to protect it? That's what I'm putting him on right now and I'd have to fold...