Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Can\'t stop the spew.

He'd get 9.5:1 dude

It was tongue in cheek anyway seeing as nailing a 2-outer with a low PP isn't exactly what one would expect.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 PM

Small pot, wouldnt waste much with it. It check the river.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand you were doomed from the deal. Villian raised with a low pp pre flop and probably isn't going away for 17:1 odds if you bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving opponents ny finite odds is better than giving them infinite odds.

In theory, anyway.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 PM

In the second hand, why would you check the flop? With 2 diamonds on the board, don't you want to have him raise you and push out the other two (or at least pay 2 bets for their draw)? Plus, if he doesn't raise, you have more information about his hand and can now assume that a three on the turn won't counterfeit your 2 pair). Assuming he's aggressive (and he must be considering he raises 55 PF with 2 limpers ahead) and assuming he doesn't hit his 2-outer on the turn (which doesn't quite work this hand), you can just call his raise on the flop and then check raise him on the turn which nets you about the same amount of money as your flop check raise, but also protects you against the flush.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the second hand, why would you check the flop? With 2 diamonds on the board, don't you want to have him raise you and push out the other two (or at least pay 2 bets for their draw)? Plus, if he doesn't raise, you have more information about his hand and can now assume that a three on the turn won't counterfeit your 2 pair). Assuming he's aggressive (and he must be considering he raises 55 PF with 2 limpers ahead) and assuming he doesn't hit his 2-outer on the turn (which doesn't quite work this hand), you can just call his raise on the flop and then check raise him on the turn which nets you about the same amount of money as your flop check raise, but also protects you against the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What draw? Who here is on a draw? Just because there are two diamonds on the flop means someone has a draw--in fact there's only about 25-30% chance that anyone has two diamonds. If there is someone with a flush draw, why would checkraising the turn "protect" me from it--are they going to fold or somehow not have enough outs? By my quickie Stove I have 65% equity vs two loose opponents and a raiser with a respectible range (though probably more now that I know what he has), and a preflop raiser immediately after me who I can use to trap the field--if this isn't a perfect opportunity for a flop c/r then I don't know what is (disclaimer: I may not know what is). Also, if he does go to war I'd (hopefully) have the sense to slow down before it starts costing me more of the big bets.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know that continuation bet thingy? I suck at it, yeah. It's a good thing Hold 'Em isn't a 50 street game or I'd be broke. Where do I give it up here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets talk about this continuation thing. For me it is like an itchy hemorroid that I can not scratch enough to make the itch go away. When is the best time to scratch this puppy and when do we just suffer through the flop? I find that I spew the worst with this play that I wish I had never heard about.

I understand a continuation bet as a bet you make when you miss the flop but want to represent that it hit you and your hand is going according to plan hense the name continuation bet. When do you want to use it? It is very expensive for me because I miss the flop, bet the flop, miss the turn too and then if I bet again I have a toliet hand and if I check I show weakness and someone bets into me.

Obviously I am over using this play in the wrong spots. When and how is it appropriate?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 PM

Situation 1:

Full table, folded to you on the button.

You raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Both blinds call.

3 players.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to you.

Situation 2:

4 limpers, you raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the cutoff seat, Button folds, blinds and limpers call.

7 players.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to you.