Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:07 PM

Default HU against another 2+2\'er. (Has to be, right?)

5/10 HU. (No 20/40+ for me this month, folks. This is a regrouping month for ole Grisgra.)

I raise from the SB/Button with KK. BB calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets, I wuss out and just call even though the chance that this guy has an ace but didn't 3-bet me preflop is about the same as Sponger saying "good hand" after someone cracks his pocket twos with JTs.

Anyway, I was right to put him on an 8 and underestimated his general level of retardation . . . his K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] no good.

Nothing like a little 100BB HU session to make you feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: HU against another 2+2\'er. (Has to be, right?)

I really hate to post anything approaching analysis here, but...

Would you invariably 3-bet pf with an Ace in villain's position, even against someone like yourself, who presumably is thinking? Or did you mean that you were certain this particular opponent would always 3-bet here?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:25 PM

Hero probally assumed that villian would have assumed that hero would have tried to check raise with an ace.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate to post anything approaching analysis here, but...

Would you invariably 3-bet pf with an Ace in villain's position, even against someone like yourself, who presumably is thinking? Or did you mean that you were certain this particular opponent would always 3-bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was almost certain that the way the aggression had ramped up recently, he would 3-bet almost any ace preflop -- maaaaybe not A2o or A3o, just about anything else. Me, I'll 3-bet most aces preflop but I will absolutely sandbag some of the time -- in fact, a LOT of the time if I find that when I 3-bet pf and lead out on an A-high flop, I get an insta-fold.

This guy was great in that he would play his A-game half the time and this weird super-aggro tilty D-game half the time. The annoying thing about the super-aggro D-game is that even though there are obvious cases where he throws bets away (like his river bet in this hand), sometimes he hits and you don't, in which case he looks like a genius.

Not that session [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].