Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Default ($22): Exploiting the bubble, how bad was this?

($22): Exploiting the bubble, how bad was this?

7 consecutive hands…is this terrible?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 8 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 395 Chips
SB: 2190 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 2916 Chips</font>
UTG: 2499 Chips

Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
<font color="red">UTG RAISES ($1000)</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>, <font color="blue">SB folds</font>, Hero is All-In, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>

Final Pot:4116 Chips

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 8 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1990 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 4116 Chips</font>
BB: 1499 Chips
UTG: 395 Chips

Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>, Hero is All-In, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>

Final Pot:4516 Chips

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 8 - 3 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 4516 Chips</font>
SB: 1099 Chips
BB: 395 Chips
UTG: 1990 Chips

Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
BB posts BB, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, Hero is All-In, <font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>

Chip Counts:
Button: 899 Chips
SB: 1385 Chips
BB: 1590 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 4126 Chips</font>

Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
Hero is All-In, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>, <font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>

Final Pot:4726 Chips

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 8 - 3 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1185 Chips
SB: 1190 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 4726 Chips</font>
UTG: 899 Chips

Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
Hero posts BB, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>, <font color="blue">SB folds</font>

Final Pot:600 Chips

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 8 - 4 players

Chip Counts:
Button: 990 Chips
Hero: 4926 Chips
BB: 899 Chips
UTG: 1185 Chips

Hero is SB with 2h 2s
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
UTG folds, Button folds, Hero is All-In, BB is All-In

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 4027 Chips</font>
SB: 1798 Chips
BB: 1185 Chips
UTG: 990 Chips

Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, Hero is All-In, SB is All-In, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>
Old 12-08-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: ($22): Exploiting the bubble, how bad was this?

bump. I thought this would get some discussion, if for no other reason than the first hand was, IMO, pretty stupid.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:17 PM

the initial raise is pretty reckless, but not necessarily stupid... after that it all seems ok.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:18 PM

The first one looks suicidal to me at the 22s, but it worked, so there you have it.

The 84s looks very shaky after a limper.

Other than that, I think you were first in the pot with decent hands each time, so those were fine.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, the BB was all-in because he couldn't cover the BB. So, I wanted to isolate against the BB to either knock him out, or keep the bubble live and not let the other guy win the pot. Here, I figured I was sacrificing the 395 which I could pick up the next hand with a steal.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, the BB was all-in because he couldn't cover the BB. So, I wanted to isolate against the BB to either knock him out, or keep the bubble live and not let the other guy win the pot. Here, I figured I was sacrificing the 395 which I could pick up the next hand with a steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, and it's a great strategy until UTG spite-calls you [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 07:40 PM

i cant believe you didnt get called!!! hey it worked so i guess it is good right? you had pretty good hands so i thinhk four handed it is not bad on its own but i still cant believe they let you get away with this. if i were the small stack i would have called with almost any two reasonable cards.

pat

Pat
Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe you didnt get called!!! hey it worked so i guess it is good right? you had pretty good hands so i thinhk four handed it is not bad on its own but i still cant believe they let you get away with this. if i were the small stack i would have called with almost any two reasonable cards.

pat

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about a specific hand? As for the short stack calling me, in many of those hands there is no clear short stack.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:44 PM

I don't push the 1st and 3rd. The rest is how I'd play them.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:17 AM

I wouldn't push the first and third. Given that you pushed the first three, I wouldn't push the fourth. Given that you pushed the first six, I wouldn't push the seventh.

I'm not aggressive enough with the big stack on the bubble.