Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: 99 Full house-- slowplayed too much??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think everyone who suggested betting the flop is wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on! Tell us why. Whats the point in telling people they are wrong when you don't say why you think so?

[/ QUOTE ]
waaaaaaaaah, lol.

the reason i like check raising the flop is that he should bet all of his hands when we check here. so

1. lets get a bet or maybe two if he feels compelled to call our check raise with KQ. if we bet he may just find a fold right away. either that or he peels the flop and folds the turn with his missed backdoor straight draw.

2. lets get him to call down with KK/QQ/JJ/TT after we check raise. if we bet, he just calls down usually. eskimo said it will go check/raise call, bet fold. i strongly disagree. players aren't going to make good laydowns with underpairs.

3. lets get him to overplay a pair of aces. if he has AK, we get to (usually) check raise, call 3-bet, and check raise the turn, as opposed to bet/call, check raise. or maybe he just calls our check raise and allows us to bet/3-bet the turn because he's going to "slowplay" his monster top pair.

4. if he's a really bad overaggressive/tilt prone player, check raising the flop is awesome because he will be encouraged to play back at us with air. seriously, there are tons of players who will call us down only raise the river with nothing, trying to "scare us" into laying down the best hand.

5. lets give our flop check raises some credit.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:12 PM

A flop check-raise - great idea, miles! Why didn't anyone else think of that that everybody didn't ignore?

FWIW I completely agree with miles' post. And I'm check-raising any ace here, as well as a bunch of lower pairs. I don't expect villain to say OMG HE HAS A SET BEACUASE HE CHECKRAISED FOLD FOLD FOLD.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 PM

(grunch)

3-bet preflop, and bet every street.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:41 PM

After reading the thread, I agree with Miles about the c-r on the flop given your preflop play.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm check-raising any ace here, as well as a bunch of lower pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This from Redd is the crux of this debate.

This hand depends sooo much more on how you play other hands in the same situation than it does on how you play this hand in isolation.