Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Fold the river? Duh. Why can\'t I?

[ QUOTE ]
fold. i dont know why people are advocating a call. =/

[/ QUOTE ]

because you win here often enough to make the call +EV?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd auto call.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 PM

Me too, that's why I was surprised.

Surf
Old 11-30-2005, 03:55 PM

This is exactly how I play TT if I am Villain here. Usually it is so I don't miss a value bet against a LAG. Good to know it will get people to fol occasionally too.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:14 PM

Hey Kramer,

IMO, against most bad LAGs a 3bet-lead line is best, since you'll get called down by bottom/middle pair, and sometimes A-hi.

Surf
Old 11-30-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because you win here often enough to make the call +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same reason you call a donk in a hand where a 3rd flush card comes on the river.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Call and put a note that he donks when he hits his ace on the river rather than risking it getting checked through and keep on playing. You absolutely can't fold without a note, so call and now make a note and keep on rolling. The call is right EV wise vs. an unknown and you get a very very valuable piece of information vs. an opponent to put in his note. I'd never fold with no note. I'd call and be really happy and excited about getting to write a detailed, specific note against an opponent in a +EV situation. I'd call the next time he did it too given the same exact situation, knowing it was a slightly less EV situation (a cognizant opponent would be less likely to bluff me because I showed a propensity to call him previously) but a more valuable informational situation (another data point). I'd note if he did it to other people. I'd note if I ever saw him bluffing, even once, when he did it. I keep a counter at donking-at-river-scare-cards, so I can try to get an idea at the frequency of bluffing, even if it is a really rough estimate because a really rough estimate is a lot better than no estimate. And seeing him bluff once is a lot different than never seeing him bluff. I dunno. Did I get off track? I did. Call. Write the note. Look forward to expanding on it and hope that this one note leads to another note. Which leads to another note. Which leads to a trend. Which leads to an identification of an exploitable weakness which leads to some ridiculous river bet-fold or bluff raise or something that you can't even post here because it is in your note so you don't bother and you wind up with a higher BB/100. But you have to make the +EV call to see his cards to get the information to start the whole process. Don't try to save bets vs. unknowns when you are also robbing yourself of the information you need to make the unknowns knowns. Pay and then make them pay.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:34 PM

that was an awesome post. I do the same thing but the damn party notes are so small I run out of space [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Surf
Old 11-30-2005, 09:40 PM

Itīs 99/TT enough to call.