Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: KK, OOP

[ QUOTE ]
Try this link: What's Grunching

[/ QUOTE ]

So how is this term used? When you say, grunch, are you saying that you have not read any other responses, and you are trying to explain it (correct or not) from your point of view? Is that how the term is used?
Old 11-17-2005, 12:18 AM

<Grunch>

I would play it pretty much the same way except I would check/call the river. There are no real draws to explain why he stuck around, so he's either slow playing a Q or retarded. At .15/.30, this is equally likely. Hence, WA/WB. Hence, showdown cheaply. Hence, check/call.

</grunch>

No reason to try to check/raise the turn as there's no guarantee someone will bet, then you just give a free card.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try this link: What's Grunching

[/ QUOTE ]

So how is this term used? When you say, grunch, are you saying that you have not read any other responses, and you are trying to explain it (correct or not) from your point of view? Is that how the term is used?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the term grunch as you described it. I recently re-read grunchcan's post and decided to take grunching more seriously, and to use it to improve my game.

My advice when I grunch will usually be more detailed as I am looking to identify areas of the game that I don't understand correctly.

Why writing "grunch" at the top? Just to make it clear that I welcome feedback positive/negative, and that I am using the post as an exercise.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:16 AM

I think I would have played it the exact same way, not to say that is correct (I'm learning).

I don't think I'd try for a check-raise on the turn because A) I don't want to pay an extra BB to see a Q and B) I don't want it to be checked through and give the villains a free river.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a beginner table on party. Donk city. My reads are they are playing any 2 pf, which is a bit dangerous on this type of flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see. I would have thought about c/r if I knew that MP3 would donk bet the turn. Otherwise, I would bet out. Either way, I think you played the hand fine as is. I think it would have been much more catastrophic to have it check through, a pretty big error.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no great limit player - but I do study it - rarely play it and I'm trying to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no great limit player either and I play a lot more than I study it currently. I should put more time into it. But I suppose my 3 months of studying before even playing a single hand helped a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand ur point on the c/r and that was my thinking as well. Just trying to figure out if I'm missing some things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it doesn't hurt to ask. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]