Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-03-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Anybody fold a straight here?

[ QUOTE ]
Very, very rarely would I fold this, even against loose passives, but I felt that my read on this guy was rock solid based on his playing habits, not stats alone. Turns out I was right although I understand the arguments for not folding this in a 19BB pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he accidently flipped over one of his cards and it was the ace of diamonds I still would have called this river bet.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Very, very rarely would I fold this, even against loose passives, but I felt that my read on this guy was rock solid based on his playing habits, not stats alone. Turns out I was right although I understand the arguments for not folding this in a 19BB pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he accidently flipped over one of his cards and it was the ace of diamonds I still would have called this river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA nice post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me sad. If you rely upon reads to make folds like this holding strong hands like this, in big ass pots like this you are making crucial mistakes. My dog would call that bet. It absolutely does not matter that you were "right" because you were NOT right. You were completely wrong. Calling this bet clearly has a positive expectation getting about 20/1. This is a profitable call and you missed it. Results are meaningless here.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results are meaningless here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Results are worse than meaningless since they often give the wrong feedback. When I read the OPs post, I thought "He could be 'right' 15 times in a row and it still wouldn't be enough to prove that folding was the correct play."
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM

Worst Fold Ever

Old 11-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Call and expect MP2 to overcall incorrectly with a big A.