Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know what I'm saying. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

just trying to figure out the rationale of someone who plays levels MUCH higher than i do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting the right answer is not as important as doing the thinking.

Lori
Old 10-22-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be stickied.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:58 PM

This is a situation where Dan's image can be utilized to the absolute max. In this blind confrontation, there's no show of strength at all. Given that you're a self-admitted LAG, of which Dan should be aware after the hands you've shown down, he's got no reason to believe you're not betting air. In a situation like this, whoever shows the most strength is going to be the most likely to take it down, and nobody would believe you've got a strong hand and nobody would doubt that he has something. This is as a result of the images you guys have created for yourselves, and he's taking advantage of it - in my mind, you aren't.

Also there's one consideration that nobody has brought up yet, and that's the incredible benefit of eliminating/crippling an opponent as tough as Dan. That benefit should be obvious if he has the ability to put you to decisions as tough as this (which I don't think is all that tough, but if he tests you like this, it's to your advantage to get rid of him).

Basically I think that in this situation image is going to play a huge role, and Dan capitalized on this 100%.

For all the incredible, ballsy, tough plays you're willing to make...why don't you give yourself a break every once in a while and win some (comparably) easy hands?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a situation where Dan's image can be utilized to the absolute max. In this blind confrontation, there's no show of strength at all. Given that you're a self-admitted LAG, of which Dan should be aware after the hands you've shown down, he's got no reason to believe you're not betting air. In a situation like this, whoever shows the most strength is going to be the most likely to take it down, and nobody would believe you've got a strong hand and nobody would doubt that he has something. This is as a result of the images you guys have created for yourselves, and he's taking advantage of it - in my mind, you aren't.

Also there's one consideration that nobody has brought up yet, and that's the incredible benefit of eliminating/crippling an opponent as tough as Dan. That benefit should be obvious if he has the ability to put you to decisions as tough as this (which I don't think is all that tough, but if he tests you like this, it's to your advantage to get rid of him).

Basically I think that in this situation image is going to play a huge role, and Dan capitalized on this 100%.

For all the incredible, ballsy, tough plays you're willing to make...why don't you give yourself a break every once in a while and win some (comparably) easy hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

NFH!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he does. They just don't make good fanboy material and thus you don't hear about them.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:16 PM

So...was thinking about this hand and: if Giga was planning on betting the turn like he did, why not use those t12,000 chips reraise Harrington on the flop?
Old 10-22-2005, 04:44 PM

I haven't read past the 1st page of this thread because i don't need to, and the only reason i'm replying to this is because for some reason this thread has attracted much attention. Basically, in a battle of the blinds, which this is, the only hand that has you beat is 33 or 44 by the turn. If Harry has JJ or TT he would have most likely raised when you completed (i'm sure others will argue against this assumption). If it was me i'm going to the wire with this hand re-raising, and i dont give a fck about reputations as this is too strong a hand for a battle of the blinds.

Yours,
The Special One
Old 10-22-2005, 04:51 PM

this thread is just gigabet's +ev way to make you guys think he does this sort of stuff. it's all a sham!
Old 10-23-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gigabet bets 12,000
Dan Harrington raises to 30,000
Gigabet folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this thread a joke? this is a horrible fold, if I ever make this bad of a fold please kill me immediately.