Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Default overplayed?

Just sat down. No reads.

Who calls down after the turn raise?
3 bets the turn but folds to the river raise?
3 bets the turn and c/calls the river?
Plays it the way I did?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: overplayed?

I like the turn 3-bet since you very likely ahead with villian having up to 6 outs.

On the river, I feel we have to shown our hand down. The question is, will he call with any A, or any PP? If so, I think bet/call is best. If he will fold A-high and hands like 22-77, than a c/c is better.

WiteKnite
Old 10-12-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn 3-bet since you very likely ahead with villian having up to 6 outs.

On the river, I feel we have to shown our hand down. The question is, will he call with any A, or any PP? If so, I think bet/call is best. If he will fold A-high and hands like 22-77, than a c/c is better.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. But in practice how do you know that someone folds A-high or 22-77 or anything else for that matter? I mean there is no way to see what hand someone folds when you bet the river. Is it safe to assume that someone folds a hand (like A-high for example in a scary board) when we never see him call with this hand? Don't we need to see a huge i.e. unrealistic amount of hands that he doesn't call with A-high to assume he folds A-high? (Hope I make sense)
Old 10-12-2005, 04:01 PM

Unless I've played against him before and know that he'd raise QT on that turn, I'm just calling down after his turn raise.

Rob