Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Play along with me in this Happy Hour hand

personally, i'll call ragged/small flops with almost anything and put a good sized bet on the turn (if a decent card falls) which takes it down a huge % of the time.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 PM

I think most often this contemplation on his part is not him thinking about whether or not to fold - I don't see what he can be holding that is going to put him to a tough decision on this flop on that front - but whether or not to raise. To me, this means that he either thinks you have crap or he has some sort of overpair or combination draw (I think the minraise PF is unlikely to be a small pair so I'm not very worried about a set.) I think the overpair is probably slightly more likely, though it's not necessarily a good overpair. Either way I'm not feeling very good about my chances of being ahead or of being able to move him at this point. I think I check any turn except for a 5 or an 8, which I lead on. I agree with Lloyd that there are very few blanks here, but I think he's probably not that likely to bet if you've checked and he makes his draw, so if a club,6 or A comes and he fires, in this one situation I might consider a relatively small c/r that looks like it's trying to milk, otherwise I probably fold to a bet there.

Alternatively, he's an idiot and your 5 is good, in which case I just try and keep the pot as small as possible.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:12 AM

I like this post, with one nitpick: there's no way he has just any overpair. Anyone is going to be raising a medium pair on that flop, so if he has an overpair, it's AA-KK, maybe QQ. But on that particular, three to a wheel flop, the chance of a big ace calling goes way up.

Anyway:

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9h ]
Adanthar1 bets [200].
elihog <font color="red"> thinks a bit and </font> raises [600] <font color="red"> leaving himself 220 behind. </font>
Adanthar1 raises [800].

The turn is the reason I posted this hand. Anyone wanna quickly guess why?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:19 AM

Because he left himself with 10 BBs which is very similar to a hand we looked at earlier?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I kinda wanted to prove a point... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 12:24 AM

NH. Honestly, until this discussion (in the other thread) I would have assumed it was more of a "looking for a call" bet. It's the 10BBs that's key (approximately). Point proven (for now, of course).
Old 09-24-2005, 01:35 AM

I would usually check the flop