Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-20-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Why do they always cry about....

Why do the players that play low limit and restricted buy in NL always cry that there aren't "enough" games going in a poker room for them when they have a seat in one.

Let me explain. This past week in the room that I work in, I heard constant complaining about only 4 or 5 no limit games at one time. WTF are you complaining about??? 4 or 5 games is very good for any room for one specific level. These are mostly So. Cal players that are used to Bike and Commerce where they have 60 - 100 tables going.

This is also weekdays (mon-thurs) where the town is dead. 80% of the visitors are here on weekends only guys.

Also, So.Cal. has over 10 million people in it, we have 1.5 million + maybe 100k visitors at one time. We have several hundred poker tables, they have several hundred tables (close to the same ammount appros). 10x the amount of people in So.Cal. will equate to more plentiful games and so on. Get a clue guys. How many tables do they need to play at one time ? LOL

Best complaint I heard...
We had 11 out of 12 tables going and a guy actually asked me when does it actually get busy in here. I was like...um, the tables are full, what more are you looking for. He says "long waitings lists" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Any thoughts guys?

Yes, games are better in So Cal from what I've seen and heard from other players. More people = more games, simple as that.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Why do they always cry about....

I don't know Richard but I was wondering if you had any opinions on tipping?

Howard
Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 AM

LOL Howard!!! None that I know of. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 03:19 AM

It's not by chance that these obnoxious people are from california.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not by chance that these obnoxious people are from california.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's by chance, I think thats just the way it is, lol. These conversations have been popping up more frequently since the WSOP ended as the poker scene does die off till after school starts back up.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:49 AM

First off you underestimate the number of tables going in So Cal, particularly on the weekends. 150+ tables going on any evening weekend at Commerce alone. Even their high limit area(20-40 and up) has 40-50 tables going. Typical is 30+ NL games with $100-600 buy ins.

Second, most of these guys are the biggest donks you have ever seen. They are not happy unless there is a 2 rack pot, and they are drawing to a four outer, paying caps all the way. It's serious culture shock for them to sit at a poker table in Vegas.

FWIW, I have to put up with the same crap at the $9-18 games in Los Angeles. A lot of the players play this game underfunded. I even had a lady tell me that she NEVER goes in more than $400 and she would be miserbly upset to do so(WTF is she playing $9-18?). That is only 22 BB...hardly anything. So whenever 2 players leave one of the $9-18 games, it usually comes to a grinding halt as someone else will throw a tantrum and be upset that the game is not full.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...cry that there aren't "enough" games...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they "table hoppers?" I've noticed these guys always think they're going to do better if they just find the "right table."

I'm also sure some of the frogs in the pond are always gonna complain there aren't enough lily pads.

BTW, I liked Howard's question about tipping. There just never seems to be enough threads on this subject and since you work in a poker room you could give us all some first-hand insight.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]