Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-15-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Donkbets suck

No reads yet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero....

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Donkbets suck

Raise turn?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:32 PM

Absolutely raise the turn. You still have top pair. And it would be two bets back to the pre-flop raiser. Granted he has already folded, but it would almost certainly remove two overcards from any hand.

As for where you are in this hand, you have to call, as you did. 9.5 to 1...and he might have missed a straight draw. JTs is possible here. As is aces up.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Preflop: Looks good.

Flop: Seems right.

Turn: I would raise and fold to a 3bet. Raising makes it harder for SB to stick around with overcards, and the only hands from MP that you really have to worry about is 98 or a strangely played set. Considering the board, I think it's very likely that you either have MP outkicked (as he probably would have open/raised with A9) or he picked up a draw on the turn.

On the river I would probably just check behind after raising. I think there's such a good chance that MP is on a draw that I think you'll be in a situation where MP will only stick around if he has you beat.