Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Card Player on time???

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any content difference between the actual magazine and the website? other than advertising? Just wondering what the advantages are of subscribing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one difference is every magazine has a bundle of 'classic' articles in the middle of the issue. Then again, maybe those old articles are available on the web site too if one looked hard enough. I'm not sure how deep their web archive is.

And of course, the other advantage is, who doesn't prefer reading a magazine as opposed to reading off a computer screen?

I was planning on letting my subscription lapse, only because I get the issues weeks after they've already been up on the web site. Unacceptable. We'll see if this trend gets turned around..
Old 07-14-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one difference is every magazine has a bundle of 'classic' articles in the middle of the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
sometime in the past few months (I think when they switched to the flat-bound spine), they stopped doing the classic article reprints. one new feature I actually like a lot is the expanded photo galleries.

if you live in a big city and take lots of mass transit, it's nice to have a portable version of the articles to carry around for $1 a week even if they're available online for free. and once in a blue moon, an advertisement will be useful too.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:06 PM

I take it all back. The issue I received on July 12 was the last one I received. Not only is the current issue two weeks late, it probably won't even get here before the newest issue hits the website.

Carry on...
Old 08-16-2005, 05:54 PM

I got the newest issue with Jennifer Tilly(8/23) on the cover a week ago and it's yet to hit the website. This is the fastest one I've ever gotten.