Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: why not Ed?

[ QUOTE ]
What if all those that might submit our databases to Levitt gave them to someone like Ed?

I don't know if mr. majorkong would be interested, of course. It'd have to be someone that the majority of posters here trust.

Ed just seems to be like the perfect guy because he doesn't play much online (at least I don't think so), he's respected by people here, and he's a better theorist than Levitt. heh.

Would anyone actually be interested in doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Id be willing to but I imagine Ed is pretty busy these days and this would be a fairly large undertaking I would think. But if another 2+2er wants to step up to the plate, Im game. However it would be somewhat of an invalid comparison if our analysis set wasnt the exact same one that the Pokernomics team is using.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: why not Ed?

[ QUOTE ]
Id be willing to but I imagine Ed is pretty busy these days and this would be a fairly large undertaking I would think. But if another 2+2er wants to step up to the plate, Im game. However it would be somewhat of an invalid comparison if our analysis set wasnt the exact same one that the Pokernomics team is using.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I definitely don't have time for the next six plus months to work on a project like this. And, frankly, I'm curious what Levitt will come up with on his own without "help" from us know-it-alls. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

After he publishes a paper or two, if his results are impressive, I'd be interested to see if maybe we could direct future research to answer specific questions we want answered.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:11 PM

Default <<REMINDER FROM POKERNOMICS TEAM>>

This is just a reminder.

The pokernomics team is open to ideas and research questions and you should feel free to send them to support@pokernomics.com.

Though we intend to do much of the initial analysis without direct consultation of the poker playing community, we are receptive to ideas. Once we've done more of our own analysis we will then look for people to discuss our findings.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Been thinking about this project a lot for the past 24 hours

[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant minds have been pouring over natural language data for decades

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a lovely image to contemplate during breakfast.

-- M. Ruff
Old 08-09-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Pokernomics

[ QUOTE ]
...I look forward to seeing the results of this study. I'm also eagerly anticipating my free book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got my free book today! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It was signed and came with the advice to go "All in!" Seems like odd advice to give to a limit player, but then again, I don't play all that well.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The actual analysis results are promised for ~end of summer. Should be interesting.