Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Live 4/8 with Kill...AK on monotone board

these games are more like micro than small stakes.

4/8 live, kill is on.
To be honest I can't even remember who posted the kill.
Reads: UTG is kinda wacky, he's 3-bet QJs a few times, definately overplays his hand when he has one but slows down on the expensive streets. SB is fairly new, but has been showing down a couple nice hands and folding a lot. Button is going all in he only has about 40 dollars.

UTG raises, folded to me where I 3-bet in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Button calls, SB calls, UTG caps, everyone calls.

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, UTG bets, I raise, (button is all-in already), SB 3-bets, UTG calls....hero?

Merits of calling, folding, capping? I'm not really scared of UTG however SB's check-3bet has got me scared. I don't think he's doing that with anything less than two pair but I haven't seen him play enuf hands to know how agressive he normally is. THere are a lot of wackos will do this with A2 or anything in big pots. I'm not sure, but I'm not convinced I'm beat just yet. Thoughts?

I decided to cap the flop. After this I only have $32 left in front of me (playing 8/16 remember).
Turn comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, UTG checks, I bet

River comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, UTG bets, I call all-in, SB calls.

I'm mainly concerned with what I should have done on the flop. On the turn I think it's fairly easy to bet just because it's been checked to me, right?

What about if SB or UTG leads the turn?

Thanks, sorry if the format of the post isnt' clear.