Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Two hand from a live tourney

Hi all.

I played a big home tourney two weeks ago, 138 players, 50$+5$ buy-in. The field is very soft. I know all of the few good players in, and I'm easly in the top 5. I also got a freeroll since I got my buy-in free for helping in the organisation of the tourney.

2 table are payed (18 players)
starting stack of 10K

1st Hand:

Early in the tourney, blinds are 50/100
all relevant players have about 10K

UTG (Aggro, has been raising and reraising preflop)
UTG+1 (Calling Station)
MP (seem tight, has'nt played a hand yet)
Button (Me)

UTG raise to T300
UTG+1 call
MP reraise to T600
I found T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button

Your move?

2nd Hand:

Blinds: 2K/4K Ante: T500
20 players on 3 table, 2 out of the money.
places 18th to 10th pay 75$

UTG+2 160K(LAG chip leader, has been in every pot, the guy is week and almost unfoldable, but hitting as hell. I have been waiting for a good hand to double up on him but have been deal crap in the last 2 hours.)
SB 4500 (Low Stack)
BB 32K (Me)

UTG+2 limp for 4K
Folded to SB who push is tiny stack all-in for T4500 total
I'm in the 4K BB whit A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Your move?

BTW: I know the hand look kinda basic but I got mixed responce to my moves in those two hands. So I'd like 2nd opinion.

Thanks

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Two hand from a live tourney

Hand #1:

Easy fold. A raise, a call, and a re-raise is not something I want to see with a pair of tens. There's also players left to act, all who have showed strength and may raise the pot again.

Hand #2:

I'd raise all-in here to knock the limper out. If my goal was to get in the money I may consider just calling the all-in, looking for a good flop or hoping to move up a spot, but $75 isn't enough to keep me from pushing. The fact that this guy is in every pot would make pushing pretty easy for me, not to mention your on a short stack yourself and may welcome the action.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:36 AM

1: With position I think TT warrents a call but may require a set to play on after the flop. 600/10K stack isn't too much to call given the multiway action and the very good possiblity that a set will be paid off if it hits.

2: I don't think a push here is out of the question. It may be a good spot to double if UTG+2 is willing to call with a weaker A or race you. Another option is just calling and pushing all in on any flop.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:02 PM

Hand 1: Fold. MP1 has shown alot of strength and you've got to worry about utg reraising preflop and making it cost too much to play for set value.

Hand 2: Easy call. You're way ahead of the hands that a small stack will push with here. See the flop and make a decision about it you're ahead or behind utg based on that. If villain is unfoldable he'll pay you off when you hit just as well as if you push now.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:27 AM

Ok, so far we got:

Hand 1:
fold
call
fold

Hand 2:
All-in
All-in or "Stop&Go" (Learned that from Fossilman 3 years ago [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Call and play the flop.

Still got mixed answers, and they are the same I got. Any more takers? I'll put my action/results tomorrow night.

Thanks

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Results

Hand 1:

I layed it down. Both UTG and UTG+1 called the reraise

Flop came K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

On the flop, it was checked to the reraiser. He bet T1200 and they both folded. I was the dealer in that hand so I toke the liberty of looking at what the turn and river would have been and the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] never came but the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river would have made me quad Ten's.

I am NOT result oriented and DO belive I made a good fold, but I really hesitated pre-flop. Had it been T1000 to me I would have muck whitout considering and T500 or less, auto call. Am I right here?

BTW: 5 out of 9 of my friends said fold before I told them the outcome, the other 4 said call and play for a set.

Hand 2:

I pushed, Bad timing since the Agro chip leader limped in JJ... SB had A3o, killing one of my outs. SB ended up making a wheel and toke the small main pot and I got busted on the bubble...

Here, every one agreed on my move but me. I reconsidered and reallised I could take a flop and make a decision there. What do you think?

Thanks

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Results

If you were pretty sure that the pot wouldn't be raised if you called from the button, I think a call would be OK here, just for the implied odds you'd have from hitting a set. But an UTG raiser and a caller behind you, that's scary. The guy behind you used the old "Sandwich" move (HoH).