Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Sooted and Booted, 5/10NL

5/10NL, full ring, I have $1150, Villain covers. Villain is ~27/4/3, I haven't noticed him much beyond this hand.

Villain limps in MP2, I make it $40 in LP with 87 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], folded back to villain who calls.

Flop ($95) : T82 (rainbow, one [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

He checks, I bet $60, he c/r to $175...
I don't think he has a set here; I put him on a PP (trying to take it away) or a T, possibly an oesd.
I call.

Turn ($445): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He leads for $275...
Old 12-03-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Sooted and Booted, 5/10NL

pretty easy push right?

What if you hadn't picked up the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] redraw on the turn?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM

is the push worth it here? Why not just call, youre getting the odds to call and there is only one card to come.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:00 PM

push might represent AK? or would a call be better?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 AM

Me likey push turn.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
push might represent AK? or would a call be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

would villian regularly call the C/R with AK on the flop?

I would like to know what range of hands u'r representing by pushing ppl. Thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 03:06 AM

I don't like a push at all. It is obvious you do not have a king in your hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Me likey push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do people generally think about raising strongly instead of pushing in these sorts of situations? Admittedly, this hand has realatively shallow stacks, and a raise much smaller than push doesn't makes sense.

BUT

In general, I guess I just don't like pushing with things other than big draws, so it seems awful conspicuous when I suddenly overbet push on a drawey board. Should I be overbet pushing more with other hands, or is there a significant amount of value with normal-raising [say, pot-sized] with a big draw, especially if you're willing to put in all of your chips if put to that decision?

This probably gets pretty complicated pretty fast [do you bluff river if he calls? in which case, you're much more likely to be dedicating more chips drawing dead.. but if you can get away from it on the river, you're dedicated less chips when you're a dog, and what if he reads you for a draw and can muck to scare cards, and if you're a favorite on the flop, you want to get as much money in as possible while you're a favorite; you want a call, blah blah blah.], but I'm curious how many people frequently semi-bluff big draws with less-than-all-in bets.

Input? =]
Old 12-04-2005, 05:50 PM

Well, I pushed the turn and Villain relatively quickly called, the river blanked, and Villain had AA and I lose.

When he called so quick, I was sure he had a set and asked for a diamond, but was not given one. I was very shocked to be shown AA, and pretty surprised that he called. I am usually not calling the flop c/r without a big pair/set/2 pr, and by the turn, he should have eliminated QQ/JJ, so I thought I had very good FE.

After the hand, I was pissed at myself for not just calling, as I was getting a decent price (implied odds taken into acct), but after thinking it out, I think I still like the turn push.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:05 PM

Lets see. Second button on flop, now third button with lousy kicker, but a runner runner flush possible. 18% chance of that for a mere $275, therefore pot odds should be about $445 + 275 = $725 to $275 plus implied odds if you hit your hand and he calls on the river. The way he is betting its unlikely he'll let go of his hand on the river to a flush card. 9 diamonds plus 2 more eights plus 2 more 7's for a total of 13 outs of 46 cards is 3.5 to one. Looks about even just to call here, plus you can pick up a bunch if you hit flush. I'd call.
( I wish I could think this stuff thru this well in the 20 seconds allotted time when you are actually playing the game.)
What was the outcome???