Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:24 AM

Default River fold trips with OESD

I know its the wrong forum but im not getting any answers in small stakes...
Sorry guys, i dont really know anything about the hand convertor so this is gonna be an ugly post. For future reference, can anyone point me in the right direction for the converter?

100 NL 4 players at the table. I just sat down at the table and dont have too many reads accept that villian is pretty aggressive.

Villian SB with $148.95
Hero in BB with $123.00

Hero is dealt 9c7c, button limps, villain raises to $4, i call and button folds. Flop comes 6s9h8s villian leads for 6 and i raise to 15, villian calls. Pot at $39 and turn brings 9d. Villian leads for $20 and i raise to $50, villian calls.
Pot at $139 and river brings 3c, villian open pushes for 79 putting me all in, i think for a long time and decide to fold.

In retrospect i really dont think i like my turn raise. Im not sure what he could be betting into me with besides and overplayed A9 or a flopped set. Its probably better to just call down in this case i think. After a while later in the session it becomes apparent that villain is more of a maniac/LAG donk and i begin to regret my fold. Anyway, any thoughts on how the hand was played and whether this is a call or fold without reads would be appreciated.

Nate
Old 11-08-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: River fold trips with OESD

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...rd=ssplnlpoker

edit: looking closer, I guess you are whining about not getting replies. Well my default is probably to showdown all good hands vs a preflop raiser at small stakes b/c you never have any idea what kind of horrible bluffs people run at small stakes. I have no clue what this idiot can have here.