Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:39 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: kurosh vs brazilio round 2

starting over... I thnk he should fold to the checkraise on the flop

I don't like thsi dual perspective hand posting. it's confusing me. your flop checkraise is fine since I don't know what you have. his flop bet is fine. he should fold to the checkraise or not bet the flop at all if he wants to see a showdown. I think your turn checkraise is maybe ok if you have a draw
Old 10-28-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
id just call down, but whatever hand you had, you played it really bad... his play is even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposing Braz flopped 2pr with 98/K9 & put Kurosh squarely on an A, you think his play is still awful? I suppose you'd rather lead the turn & hope to 3bet? Seems reasonable to me, I'm just curious & trying to get better~

jvs

[/ QUOTE ]of course you bet hoping to threebet. of course. yes.
even if he doesnt have an A, he will most likely raise here.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
starting over... I thnk he should fold to the checkraise. I like your checkraise only if you have a draw. I think he should fold now

[/ QUOTE ]

I had JTo and felt like shitting on myself to see if he'd fold the naked A on the turn, and I was reasonably confident I'd either be getting a free river OOP against a pocket pair, 8 or 9.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:44 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I'm thinking 2 things... he shouldn't be calling the flop with a naked A, so if that A hit him, it'll often make him aces up and you get 3 bet. but he might have called the flop wanting to raise the turn and your weak check might encourage KQ to bet and then fold to a raise. I don't know if he should fold to the turn c/r but it's close
Old 10-28-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking 2 things... he shouldn't be calling the flop with a naked A, so if that A hit him, it'll often make him aces up and you get 3 bet. but he might have called the flop wanting to raise the turn and your weak check might encourage KQ to bet and then fold to a raise. I don't know if he should fold to the turn c/r but it's close

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG it is not close... folding KQ here would be laughably awful.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 AM

according to game theory its awful, but according to how unknowns play its not. clearly if everyone used the perfectly bluffing frequencies you need to call down with a pair of aces, but against an unknown who has shown so much strength thats not necessarily true.

btw kurosh should have folded the flop of course. i also think he should fold the turn.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG it is not close... folding KQ here would be laughably awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

the chances that he has a draw and that he has the balls to checkraise it twice (by contrast I would checkraise it 0 times) are not good enough to pay off 2 more bets with KQ
Old 10-28-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the chances that he has a draw and that he has the balls to checkraise it twice (by contrast I would checkraise it 0 times) are not good enough to pay off 2 more bets with KQ

[/ QUOTE ]

you are check/calling the flop with JT here, as brazilio?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are check/calling the flop with JT here, as brazilio?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might checkraise the flop, I might check-call and donk, I might check call to the river. the board is so likely to have hit him that your folding equity in this small pot is not big enough to justify the -EV bets you'll be putting in the times he has a hand
Old 10-28-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I might checkraise the flop, I might check-call and donk, I might check call to the river. the board is so likely to have hit him that your folding equity in this small pot is not big enough to justify the -EV bets you'll be putting in the times he has a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the response, makes sense