Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Preflop questions

I normally hate preflop questions because they're lame and boring, and one-word answers saying fold preflop are the epitemy of suck.

From tonight's sweat session:

3-way 3/6 6-max at Party

Sporky has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB
Button folds.

BB is loose, something like 60% VP$IP. He's almost always not going to fold his BB. We a reverse implied odds situation with A3o because when we flop top pair he generally folds. I said he should raise. He folded.
1/3 SB makes this not very much of a costly mistake, if one at all.

Also: 6-handed with 1/2 or 3/5 blinds

Weak CO/Button open limps, you're in the SB with Axo. How low are people going for completions? I think it completely blows to complete here with the same reverse implied situation, but some people have said they do any Ace.

What about 2/5?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Preflop questions

With A3o at 3/6 6 max against a player of this type I think it's 50/50 from the SB if the BB likes to see showdowns. If he is LAGGy, I fold. If he is passive, I tend to raise. I'll never complete here however.

In short, know your opponent.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 PM

Question 1, I raise every time. You have an equity edge. You can outplay him no matter what his style is, as long as you know what it is. I dont think the reverse implied odds are big concern unless this guy plays well postflop, which is unlikely. Also, most players will pay you off after an ace hits if they hit at the same time you hit.

Question 2 (a), I complete. Getting those odds I just can't see folding any ace. A lot of bad players will not fold when an ace hits. You even have a chance to win without improvement or with a 2 or 3, especially if opponents are passive. You are getting such a good price.

2 (B) It depends on how bad the limper and bb are. Usually I will call with any ace.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With A3o at 3/6 6 max against a player of this type I think it's 50/50 from the SB if the BB likes to see showdowns. If he is LAGGy, I fold. If he is passive, I tend to raise. I'll never complete here however.

In short, know your opponent.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's somewhat passive, but I only have 30 hands on him. Didn't really want to put out information since AF converges very slowly anyway.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:54 PM

he was a peeler, loose and passive. i felt like i was never going to know where i was in the hand. so i'd just bet bet bet and hope he didn't have anything or never hit. i just decided to fold not knowing what was the right action.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:06 AM

Im usually popping that up almost always. If he never folds your hand is going to be the best out of the two almost always.

It is 3/6 so with that sb structure u could fold if uncomfortable and it wont be a giant mistake or anything. Still I probably raise knowing hes going to call with a ton of worse hands.