Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 08:31 PM

Default No chance of Knicks getting KG... right?

I hate how ESPN gives Knicks fans all this hope in possible trade rumors that will never happen. A friend pointed me to the following story that is also on the front page of ESPN NBA.

Basically the interesting part is this:

[ QUOTE ]
One source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks had made Minnesota an offer that included the expiring contracts of Penny Hardaway ($15.7 million) and Antonio Davis ($13.9 million). But for such a trade to work under salary cap rules, the Knicks would also have to take back Sczcerbiak. While that deal would be stunningly lopsided talent-wise, it would relieve the Wolves of $102 million in salary obligations over the next three seasons, allowing them to enter the 2006 offseason with approximately $25 million of cap space.

One source close to several NBA players insisted that the viability of the Knicks' offer should not be dismissed, going so far as to say Garnett was making a private push through back channels to be dealt to New York and reunite with former teammate Stephon Marbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I mean, who is this idiot source:

[ QUOTE ]
"I'd bet money he'll be wearing a Knicks uniform by the end of February," the source said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout the article they reference denials by Minnesota of dealing KG.

I'm just looking for confirmation that there is zero percent chance this happens. As a Knicks fan, I naturally think this is a ploy by ESPN to keep our hopes up and then dash them away, like they always do with Sportscenter talks of us getting LeBron.

But if any rational non-Knicks fan thinks there is a chance > 0, then maybe I will start to dream. If Isiah could pull this off...
Old 11-21-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: No chance of Knicks getting KG... right?

Well last year they were getting Lebron, this year KG. Maybe next year Mr. Thomas can land Tim Duncan.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:02 PM

Pistons getting KG for Sheed and Darko seems more like it... I don't see why Minny would want to completely rebuild at this point.

Chauncey
Rip
Tay
KG
Big Ben

2-3 more championships seems about right.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:07 PM

Any reasonable trade involving KG would be a disaster for MN. Arguably the best player in the league and one of the only reasons people go to the games here. I just don't see this happening. However, MN teams seem to have a thing for horrible trades.

-Jason
Old 11-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Oh god I'm praying.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pistons getting KG for Sheed and Darko seems more like it... I don't see why Minny would want to completely rebuild at this point.

Chauncey
Rip
Tay
KG
Big Ben

2-3 more championships seems about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes plz
Old 11-21-2005, 11:57 PM

If Minny is actually dumb enough to trade KG then I think anyone living in Minnesota should legally be allowed to shoot the Wolves GM and owners
Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 AM

very nice avatar
Old 11-22-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate how ESPN gives Knicks fans all this hope in possible trade rumors that will never happen. A friend pointed me to the following story that is also on the front page of ESPN NBA.

Basically the interesting part is this:

[ QUOTE ]
One source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks had made Minnesota an offer that included the expiring contracts of Penny Hardaway ($15.7 million) and Antonio Davis ($13.9 million). But for such a trade to work under salary cap rules, the Knicks would also have to take back Sczcerbiak. While that deal would be stunningly lopsided talent-wise, it would relieve the Wolves of $102 million in salary obligations over the next three seasons, allowing them to enter the 2006 offseason with approximately $25 million of cap space.

One source close to several NBA players insisted that the viability of the Knicks' offer should not be dismissed, going so far as to say Garnett was making a private push through back channels to be dealt to New York and reunite with former teammate Stephon Marbury.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I mean, who is this idiot source:

[ QUOTE ]
"I'd bet money he'll be wearing a Knicks uniform by the end of February," the source said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout the article they reference denials by Minnesota of dealing KG.

I'm just looking for confirmation that there is zero percent chance this happens. As a Knicks fan, I naturally think this is a ploy by ESPN to keep our hopes up and then dash them away, like they always do with Sportscenter talks of us getting LeBron.

But if any rational non-Knicks fan thinks there is a chance > 0, then maybe I will start to dream. If Isiah could pull this off...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more likely to play for the Knicks this year than KG is.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
. As a Knicks fan, I naturally think this is a ploy by ESPN to keep our hopes up and then dash them away, like they always do with Sportscenter talks of us getting LeBron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre close. Espn.com likes when they get millions of hits. Put KG on the front page and say hes going to NY, and they get a nice bump in traffic and the ad money that comes with it.