Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: A post I\'ve wanted to write for a long time (LONG)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are lots of people who beat 15-30 and maybe 30-60 and think tight games are unbeatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kewl. This way you'll be able to name some of them, and they'll be able to defend their strange view. I'm, I'm assuming you're not just reading minds (again) here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll start with Gentleman Gerry. He said he's beating the 15, but the 50 is horrible. This means his earn (in BB/100h) is less than 30% in the 50-100 than in the 15-30. That's one name without looking up any old threads.

I've never read minds. I have read hands, tho!

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and close the gap between this and your assertion. Why bluff?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm happy where I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it would be silly for you to change.

I think part of the reason I wrote this is because...I don't foresee the games always being this good. I mean, the games are tightening up. As I said in my preface, the games always change. What works so well today won't in 18 months.

ABC poker wins a lot of money right now. It wins less than it did 6 months ago. Will it still win in 18 months? I certainly can't say. But I don't like the trend.

For now, though, if you are happy...Congrats. I mean that in the sincerest of ways.

Josh
Old 11-16-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't foresee the games always being this good. I mean, the games are tightening up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, given that tight doesn't mean tough was your thesis...
Old 11-16-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't foresee the games always being this good. I mean, the games are tightening up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, given that tight doesn't mean tough was your thesis...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my response was too brief, hoping the reader would connect the dots. Yes, it led to ambiguity.

1.) A lot of people think tight games are bad. Hence, I wrote what I did.

2.) The person whom I was responding to (and others) said that they don't wanna seek out tight games. They wanna be able to play ABC and win lots of money.

3.) That's fine.

4.) The games may not always be this 'good'. That is, in their view, loose. To them (to some non-universal extent), good = loose.

5.) The games may tighten up. ABC poker may not win as much because of this. I think games will still be good (maybe not quite as good, but still very beatable, whereas many here think tight games are unbeatable).

I hope this clears it up for you. However, I don't think it will. It seems as though you have some sort of vendetta or agenda. If that's the case, you should just come out in the open with it. You've made a five responses in this thread, and contributed nothing. Why is this?

Josh
Old 11-16-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are lots of people who beat 15-30 and maybe 30-60 and think tight games are unbeatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kewl. This way you'll be able to name some of them, and they'll be able to defend their strange view. I'm, I'm assuming you're not just reading minds (again) here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll start with Gentleman Gerry. He said he's beating the 15, but the 50 is horrible. This means his earn (in BB/100h) is less than 30% in the 50-100 than in the 15-30. That's one name without looking up any old threads.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had any sort of clue what you are trying to get at here, I'd respond more constructively. As it is, I'm just forced to ask...what's your agenda here? You aren't trying to learn anything. You aren't trying to teach anything. You aren't trying to strike up constructive conversation. You aren't discussing strategy. I think you may have stumbled into the wrong forum.

Josh
Old 11-16-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had any sort of clue what you are trying to get at here, I'd respond more constructively. As it is, I'm just forced to ask...what's your agenda here? You aren't trying to learn anything. You aren't trying to teach anything. You aren't trying to strike up constructive conversation. You aren't discussing strategy. I think you may have stumbled into the wrong forum.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

My agenda? Gentleman Gerry never said he didn't like the games because they were tight. He said they were often horrible.

I was originally trying to make the point that you made a claim you couldn't defend, and you did it with the gee whiz sense of discover of someone your age.

You've since put on a clown show.

My agenda.

To chuckle.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:25 AM

Yes. It's personal. There's something about you I don't like. Or maybe we've played together and you've outplayed me. Or maybe not even that, but I just think your a cocky kid. AND IT PISSES ME OFF! YEAH THAT"S IT. I"M PISSED OFF!!!! MYAGEENDAR IS TO TAKE YOU DOWN MORHTERHFUSDLAFJER. It's not simply that I thought you said something silly and called you on it. Nope.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:27 AM

To say that the 50-100 games have been horrible recently has been to say that you (or whomever) can't beat good games. THAT was the point of my post. There are tons of crushable games out there that people are avoiding for whatever reason. The biggest reason is because of tightness. You are right, I shouldn't have guessed why Gerry thought the games were horrible. I made an deduced assumption that may or may not be correct.

[ QUOTE ]

My agenda.

To chuckle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are looking for OOT.

Josh
Old 11-16-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right, I shouldn't have guessed why Gerry thought the games were horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well. I guess an admission of error, even if only a part of it, is laudable.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are looking for OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You post there too?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've made a lot of money at poker, and I've NEVER read a poker book.

[/ QUOTE ]

So uh, whats up with that?

Why not just buy a book and read it? You *might* just learn a thing of two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously though. I really am curious....