Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 01:36 PM

Default do i have FE here?

i thought i would. no reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t2960)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t7140)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB (t5555)</font>
UTG (t950)
UTG+1 (t3696)
MP1 (t7292)
MP2 (t2906)
CO (t5309)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t2000</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t6940 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t3355 (All-In).

Turn: (t12895) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t12895) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t12895
Old 03-28-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: do i have FE here?

I think BB has to be pretty bad to make that bet than fold getting almsot 5:2 on his call. I don't think you have much FE on your reraise here, but this is a tight spot all arround. I think a better question would be do you have more FE by pushing the flop or calling and pushing the turn. Yuk, you are getting almost 2:1 on calling the reraise. I don't see how you can get away from this with the flush draw, gut shot and overcard. I think calling and pushing any turn that does not make your hand may be better here, but I don't know.

Another possible line is to check the flop with the intention of pushing if it is bet. Man, that is just a huge action flop. I think this is one of those spots where you are just at the whim of the cards.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think BB has to be pretty bad to make that bet than fold getting almsot 5:2 on his call. I don't think you have much FE on your reraise here, but this is a tight spot all arround. I think a better question would be do you have more FE by pushing the flop or calling and pushing the turn. Yuk, you are getting almost 2:1 on calling the reraise. I don't see how you can get away from this with the flush draw, gut shot and overcard. I think calling and pushing any turn that does not make your hand may be better here, but I don't know.

Another possible line is to check the flop with the intention of pushing if it is bet. Man, that is just a huge action flop. I think this is one of those spots where you are just at the whim of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you are not going to get him to lay down by re-raising. He's not going to fold if he's got a made hand, and with a draw he's going to insist on seeing two cards. Call his raise, and then push any turn. If he's got a set, he may lay it down, and if he's on a draw, he may be reluctant to put in the rest of his chips, regardless of the pot odds. If he's got a made hand, you've got a lot of outs.

Sam
Old 03-28-2005, 03:16 PM

If you want FE, just call the flop and push the turn. Of course then you already know you bricked the turn so your hand is in worse shape. Its a trade-off, FE for regular equity.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want FE, just call the flop and push the turn. Of course then you already know you bricked the turn so your hand is in worse shape. Its a trade-off, FE for regular equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about this line for a second but i chucked it. it seemed like if i did catch on the turn (either a Q or a club), my action might dry up, especially since i'm OOP.

if the turn is a blank, do you really think that i'm more likely to push out a hand like J6 (TPNK) with a turn push than a flop push? i would think TPNK would be more likely to call the push on the turn once he sees that he's dodged an overcard/straight card/flush card and a semi-bluff is in worse shape.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:47 PM

yeah, you're probably getting called anyway. might as well just get it in on the flop then and hope you hit.