Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Standard Lay Down?

It's really not the hand that got me wondering if I played the hand right or not but the factors leading up to this hand.

Backgroud: I just started playing at FCP and I jump in a 3-6NL game were everyone is unknown and I am unknown to them. I have only been playing for 30mins and have been playing hyper-aggressive. My 400 buyin is now up to 800 from me raising preflop and following it up most with a flop bet. The hand before the main hand, I win a 300 dollar pot when another player lays down has hand on the river to my push (i had a winning hand). On to the hand in question.

4-handed

Villan is on button and has me covered
Hero is in the bb(with 900)

folded around to the button who raises to 21. sb folds and i make it 75 to go w/JJ.

flop comes 2 5 9 rainbow.
Hero leads for 80, Button takes no time at all before popping it to 220. Hero?

This would be alot easier if i knew my oppenent and if he was capbale of making a play on me. In this case I dont. All i know is i have a very hyper-aggressive image and it is possible that he is taking a shot at me. I had just won a nice size pot the hand before without a showdown. Whats everyones play here?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Standard Lay Down?

Standard lay down.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Standard Lay Down?

I think you should've bet more on the flop(125-150). That way I think the laydown would be easier if he raises. I think this raise to 220 does look like it wants action and you are beat, but your bet of 80 kinda looks weak and invites a steal, given your image.