Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2004, 02:08 PM

Default home game

Hey, I play in a college home game with usually 5-7 people sometimes 9. Anyway, I seem to be having trouble, and would appreciate some help. The players are pretty knowledgeable although very loose and aggressive. I find they treat medium to high pp's almost the same as aces and kings. They tend to bluff alot with hands like A-5, A-8, K-Q, etc. I've tried just playing tight and waiting for cards, but too often I don't get any and I end up just getting blinded away, or finally coming in and everyone folding. So lately I've been playing wild and reckless, and they all view me as a wild player willing to push my chips with a draw, or moderately good hand. Anyway, I would like to change, and do better, what tips do you think you guys could give on how to use my image to my advantage and how to combat these players. Also, one player is very aggressive, and always seems to come out on top. He is willing to play any two cards and sometimes raises with junk so it's hard to determine when he actually has a good hand. Then when you think you have a read on him, boom he flashes a monster. Well I think that is about it, thanks for any help you guys can give me!