Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-16-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Playing aggressively - live versus online

Do any of you have problems playing aggressively when you play live? Online I am very aggressive, and win a lot doing so. Playing live I just can't get myself to bet in certain spots that I absolutely would bet online. That sucks. So I find myself playing a lot tigher, and aggressively only with very strong hands. A winning strategy to be sure, but not nearly as +EV.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Playing aggressively - live versus online

i'm the same way. online i have no problem pushing all in on a bluff if i think it's the move. but there's something about looking a man in the eye and shoving the chips in that i can't do when i'm playing live.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:08 AM

I'm the opposite in that I play a much more psychological game live and tend to bluff more often. It's easier to intimidate in a live game, IMO.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:34 AM

I tend to play more agressively in live action because I have a better feel for the game. But I might be comparing apples to oranges since online I tend to stick to limit versus no limit. I find that if I play NL it's just too easy for me to slide the bar to "all-in"
Old 09-16-2005, 05:20 AM

I am frequently the most aggressive person on a live table, but that said, I do tone down my aggressiveness a notch for live play. It is simply not correct to play as aggressive in a live game as I do online. The play you run up against is much much more of a loose passive nature live. And while you want to charge these guys up the wazoo for draws, they will often not represent strong hands hence I can find myself overplaying a losing hand quite often. Be aggressive but watch out, more often than online it is correct to just call. Choose your spots well.