Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-15-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

betgo,

"However, who folds AK or AA on a K662 board to a known LAG with the money not all that deep? "

I was not there and don't know this player, so I have no idea as to how correct Giga's read is in this situation. But, to answer your question:

Someone who can fold and have an average stack with 20-something people left in a 2M first prize tourney or call and go home w/ $20k if wrong.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM

not a known LAG, hes just known for a very wide range preflop, so she def has to consider a 6 to be in his hand
Old 12-15-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, who folds AK or AA on a K662 board to a known LAG with the money not all that deep? I don't see how she got that far if she is such a bad weak player.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No one has said she is bad.
2) Gigabet's image is not LAG post-flop, especially against JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure there was some discussion among players at the table as to who Gaigabet is. How could his image not be LAG on any street, regardless of how he had been playing in that session?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI: The Mouth critiques this hand here

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately he's critiquing on a hand reported incorrectly
Old 12-15-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think her line, especially given the image she had, was really great. Perhaps she too was setting the stage for a play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I was thinking about this as well. I think if she checks behind on the flop, it looks like she has a showdown hand that is looking to get to showdown cheap or a monster. Either way, it is difficult for Gig to bluff in that situation. If she bets too big, it may look like she is committed tothe hand and again it would be too expensive for Gig to play back at.

I love her smallish flop size bet. It looks like it could very easily be a tester bet to see if her hand is good and obviously gives Gigabet an opportunity to play back at her.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM

I agree that she played it fine, but it looks like a very easy hand considering her holding.

What do you think of that:

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_vide...amp;event=2910

Is she kidding? Or just spending time while waiting? Or building her weak tight image?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:58 PM

I already posted this in the STTF, but it seems like the discussion is more appropriate here:

You are making this play because of your level of confidence in JJ's ability to make a mistake (ie, folding the best hand on the river.)

But, there is another mistake she is capable of making; tipping off the strength of her hand when she has a non-foldable monster.

Your line makes it very hard for her to call the river with anything less than KK,66, or A6... but is there a line that would make it just as hard for her to call the river, but easier for you to tell that she's pat?

Your description of her earlier play leads me to think that she could make a mistake on the flop with a nut hand, and is unlikely to try and take the pot there with a hand she would later abandon.

I like the flop check, because the whole point of this hand is to get her to put some money into the pot and then fold at the end. But I would have been inclined to check-raise the flop and lead the turn.

That line really isn't any weaker than the line you took, but it gives her an opportunity to make a mistake and disclose her strength on the flop. Since you really aren't worried about her pushing with a hand that she would fold on the river with (are you?), I would prefer that line as it allows me to save 500,000-700,000 chips the few times that she really has it.

What makes me even more inclined to c/r the flop is the very distinct possibility that she could have AK and wouldn't be able to lay it down on the end. She would definitely telegraph this on the flop and give me a chance to give up.

I think I want to be able to have a chance to give up on this hand considering the relative chip stacks this late in the event. I really wouldn't want to give it all away without at least a chance to uncover my fate if I'm running into something bad.

Irieguy
Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 PM

Why not, don't you respect your opponent when you are 25 left out of 550 in a $15,000 tourney?

How did Gigabet buy-in in this tourney? Online satelite or he paid it or ... ? Anyone knows?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think her line, especially given the image she had, was really great. Perhaps she too was setting the stage for a play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I was thinking about this as well. I think if she checks behind on the flop, it looks like she has a showdown hand that is looking to get to showdown cheap or a monster. Either way, it is difficult for Gig to bluff in that situation. If she bets too big, it may look like she is committed tothe hand and again it would be too expensive for Gig to play back at.

I love her smallish flop size bet. It looks like it could very easily be a tester bet to see if her hand is good and obviously gives Gigabet an opportunity to play back at her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it worked, but I think a 1/3 pot bet after reraising preflop looks strange. I would probably bet 1/2 pot or slightly more to make it look like she was trying to take the pot with a continuation bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure there was some discussion among players at the table as to who Gaigabet is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea why you think that this is the case.

there is no reason for him to be either world famous or have any reputation at all. to most of the world he's some dude who plays poker on the internet.

c