Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 04:05 PM

Default 5/10 NL

Hero is on the button with AK...abour 520 behind.

UTG raises to 40 with 1100 behind. I am normally a tourney player but am trying to make the move to NL cash games and this hand had me confused a little bit.

UTG raises to 40
Hero calls.

FLOP---- 8 8 6

UTG bets 50, hero calls.

TURN----- K, UTG bets 75, hero raises to 200

UTG re-raises for my last 223....HERO does what??
Old 12-08-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL

if u dont call u will be left with a bowl of rice,so call and hope he doesnt have 8.anyway i think u will be ahead here most of the time.call call call
Old 12-08-2005, 04:19 PM

Preflop is ok, but on the flop you have a maximum of 6 outs, and a decent chance of 3 outs or 0 outs, given that the raise came from UTG. If this is 10-handed and you read UTG as tight ABC players this raise would probably mean AA-JJ, AK. You have AK, so reduces the chances of AA, KK, or AK, but I would still assume you have something like only 4.5 outs on average.

When you consider that if Villain has QQ or JJ you might not get paid when you hit or the reverse implied odds of spiking a K against AA you should probably fold the flop.

The way it is played you will see AA at least 2/5 of the time, AK 2/5 of the time, and something else (QQ, KK, something random) 1/5 of the time. So I think you win 15% of the time, chop 40% of the time, lose 45% of the time.

That puts the EV of a call at about $60. I call but my estimates might be way off.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:25 PM

Call PF is standard. I might raise the turn here as a semi-bluff. Important factors to consider are your image and the player who raised UTG image. If you are tight you can steal many pots my re-raising int his spot. Given your line and whats in the pot and beind you have to call the turn all in.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call PF is standard. I might raise the turn here as a semi-bluff. Important factors to consider are your image and the player who raised UTG image. If you are tight you can steal many pots my re-raising int his spot. Given your line and whats in the pot and beind you have to call the turn all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can this ever be a semi-bluff?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HERO does what??

[/ QUOTE ]

goes back to tournies. Or posts in the right forum.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:50 PM

fold the flop