Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-30-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Tennessee Vols Football - P Fullmer

Seems every yr. this team is ranked high and they disappoint. Have had some good teams but did not win a national championship with P Manning and J Lewis on the roster.
Anybody think P Fullmer is not a good coach? I would say ive not seen enough Tenn football to know.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Tennessee Vols Football - P Fullmer

They did win the national championship in 1999 when they had pearless price.

I also think the SEC is the toughest conference in football, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU have all been in the top 10 this year, and many of these teams are in there year after year. They just always beat up on each other because the SEC is known for great defense and when you have that games come down to the wire and almost either team can win at the end, which makes it really tough to run the table.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:40 AM

Alright, as a UT alum and a die hard fan I will tell you what the problem is:

1. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win!-This is always a UT problem since if they get up 10 points they shut it down and run the clock. They take no risks during games at all and put everything on the defense.

2. Bad Coaching- Some of that problem got solved yesterday when Off. Cordinator Randy Sanders turned in his resignation and won't be with the team next year. Also, some other coaches heads will roll at the end of the year. The problem with UT is that the coaches are great recruiters and then can't do anything with them.

3. Same gameplan for last 25 years!-Everybody knows what UT is going to do before they get on the field. Run up the middle and pass on 3rd down. When they pass it is going to be a screen or down the sideline and never across the middle. Never go to the tight end.

4. No Discipline of Players- They're are lots of criminals on that team and basicly nothing happens to them. The players pretty much do whatever they want or play bad and nothing is done to them and it's a pretty soft program.

5. The fans are bad!-It hurts me to say that, but it is true. UT fans are the most quiet-fair weathered fans you will find. UT is winning and everybody is happy and saying we are the best and everything is good. They lose one game or one play the fans don't like...they boo and don't cheer at all. We have a stadium that holds 107 thousand and most of it is rich old ass people that don't cheer at all and look at you funny if you or think your drunk...student section is loud though.

Hope that is some insight for you people and some venting on my part too..thanks for the therapy!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:44 AM

From what I saw this year on campus at the Florida Game the UT fans were really into it, some were yelling at me walking around campus...heh fun stuff. Next time you guys visit we need to do some drive by egging to all the UT tailgating, our pregame needs to be as well known as The Swamp. I guess the only fans that will make the drive to UF are the die hard fans though.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 PM

He's a good coach. Tennessee has arguably had the toughest schedule of any team in the nation this year. They've lost to (using their rankings at the time) #6 Florida, #5 Georgia, #5 Alabama, and well, a Spurrier coached Gamecocks team in SC. They had to come from behind to beat LSU in OT. They play ND next week. IIRC the team is young, so they could be very good for a couple of years to come.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:09 PM

As opposed to teams in the Pac10, Big12, BigEast, and to a lesser extent Big10 and ACC, Tennessee actually has to play a lot of tough games in one hell of a tough conference. It's a lot to expect them to be 10 win teams year in year out.

/can't stand the Vols