Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2003, 09:50 AM

Default Re: AA and betting questions

NL party $25 games are loose, a $4 bet means some one has something like 99, 2 picture cards, AK/AQ/AJ/A-10/ or a big pair. It is not like a paradise NL table where an $8 raise means AA or KK, it can truely be anything!

Sunday a guy at my table made it $6 I made it 12 with AKs and he called. The flop came King rag rag, he bet 5, I raised him all in. He called with..........K8s and basically gave me $50 with that sh*t hand.
Thats how Party plays, long live the fish!
Old 07-29-2003, 12:37 PM

> I was dealt AA in MP. It was checked to me and I raised to $4.
If you were sure to routinely get callers with this huge 2.5x pot overbet, then there's nothing wrong with it. But then, you also need to make these bets with other hands too.
> Flop was J83 rainbow. I bet $8, still 2 callers.
With more than $12 in the pot and $22 left, I'd simply move in here. By only betting 2/3 pot while being committed for another $14 you give T9 proper implied odds to call and a 5-outer with a pair almost proper odds to overcall (schooling effect).
If you have to trap here - usually not a good idea with just an overpair in a multiway pot - then bet 1/2 of your remaining stack now and the rest on turn. This way, you keep the implied odds roughly constant over both betting rounds.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:59 PM

consider, those people who you have lost to as people you have given a loan to. Maybe not those particular players, but those players will pay you back in due time.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:39 AM

I was dealt AA twice last night and got cracked on both! This sucks. I took the suggestion first of just raising to $1 from .50. Had four callers. Flop was J38, I bet $5, 2 callers. Turn is 7. I bet $10, 1 caller. River is K. I push all-in ($25). He calls with 87o. Next AA hand I decide to raise the bet preflop to $4, 2 callers. Flop is 742. I bet $10, 1 caller. Turn is Q. I bet $15, just hoping to win the pot there, he calls! River is 9. I bet $15, he calls with Q7. Crap I shouted who calls $4 with a freaking Q7? These both my be poor players just hanging on. But, man this can be frustrating. Any insight to anything you would have doen if you had the AA?
Old 07-31-2003, 01:44 PM

They will PAY YOU in due time, but are not expected to PAY YOU BACK in due time. You expect to earn your +EV only on future bets. Not the EV on those bets plus what you lost here.

Its like the notion that you have "banked a small positive amount" when you have the best of it but lose. BS.